11 best golf cart batteries(6v,8v,12v)cart charger(36v,48v) Reviews 2020
To maintain a golf cart, it can be a mandatory concern to have a good battery because carts need batteries to generate power. That is why choosing the best golf cart batteries for your affectionate cart is crucial.
In this article, I will help you to get all the information about available golf cart batteries in the market. So, without any further, let’s begin.
Best for 6 volt - Trojan Trojan 6 Volt Battery
Best for 8 volt - Trojan T-875 8V
Best for 12 volt - Universal Power Group
Battery charger (36v)- 36volt 18amp Golf Cart Battery Charger for Ez-go
Battery charger (48v)- 48volt 17amp Golf Cart Battery Charger for Yamaha
Best battery meter - Runleader RL-BI003 48V Battery
Best 6 volt golf cart batteries
6-volts batteries are the most common genre choose by the golf cart users. I am going to hover on each of the perfect options that you can try for your cart.
1. Trojan 6 Volt Battery T-105
- Voltage: 6, Amperage: 225Ah, Chemistry: Flooded
- Length: 10.300, Width: 7.100, Height: 10.800
- Flooded Lead Acid
The first one in our category is Trojan 6 Volt Battery T-105. So far, the model has enough energy (225Ah of capacity) to work both as house-motors and vehicle battery. The popular deep cycle battery is a flood leaded and premium battery. most of American’s golf cart recommended Trojans batteries for this reason.
The battery comes with a dimension of 10.4 * 7.1 * 10.7 inches and has a weight of 64 pounds which is lighter than its other sister model T-125. So, it is good news.
Moreover, the combination of Alpha Plus, T2 and Trojan grid technology made it more durable, increased the lifetime, and decreased maintenance. You will get a 12 months warranty with the battery. This types of Trojan batteries also use in all-electric golf carts.
1. Have a strong brand value
2. Includes the latest battery technology.
3. Offers a competitive advantage when it comes to amp-hour capacity.
4. Usable in house and solar electronic system also Degradation-proof feature with a deep-cycle touch
5. Higher durability
1. Requires high-maintenance
2. VMAXTANKS 6 Volt 225Ah AGM Battery
- 9.5"*7.3"*11"h Heavy Duty 6V AGM DEEP CYCLE BATTERY with Float Service Life span of 8 to 10 years.
- Electrolyte Suspension system VMAX tanks utilize an electrolyte suspension system consisting AGM...
- Heavy Duty Grids: VMAX heavy duty lead tin alloys provide an extra margin of performance and service life...
- # Maintenance Free Operation: There is no need to check specific gravity of the electrolyte or add water...
- Visit Manufacturer's web site for further info vmaxtanks.com. Authorized Seller: bargainshore
This heavy-duty battery will not bother you with maintenance. In the case of the deep cycle and reserve capacity, it can perform at a higher level. The comparable dimension (9.5 * 7.3 * 11 inches) is smaller than other models, but it has an immense weight of 72 pounds.
The VMAX Golf (manufacturer) took this product as a serious concern to provide max service to its customers. It has superior plates that enhanced its lifetime up to 12 years. Yes, it can be a lifelong investment opportunity.
Unlike most of SLA AGM batteries, VMAXTANKS V6-225 battery consists of three cells and the 20-hour capacity is rated at 225 Ah. So, a fully charged battery can provide 11.25 Amps for 20 hours without excessive voltage fall. The most interesting fact about the battery is, it is maintenance-free. The battery comes with 12-month warranty support.
Many people do not know electric golf cart batteries vs gas golf cart batteries what the different. this answered same batteries used. some times its defends on voltage and amp and cartload.
3. Universal Power Group UB62000 6V 200AH Battery
- UPG # 45969 UB62000 6V 200Ah
- Dimensions: 12.05 inches x 6.61 inches x 8.95 inches. Weight: 60.62 Lbs
- SLA/AGM maintenance free, spill proof battery
- Rechargeable battery that can be mounted in any position, resists shocks and vibration
- 1 Year Warranty
If you are searching for a mountable battery that you can position anywhere, then I would recommend you to go with the UPG UB62000. The battery has a spill-proof feature, which can resist shocks and vibrations. Moreover, the SLA or AGM technology made it a maintenance-free battery. So thanks to them as well.
The unique designed golf cart battery has a dimension of 16.4 * 12.8 * 12.6 inches. It has a standard weight of 58 pounds. You will need to charge the battery once in a month to get better performance. The package comes with a pair of batteries. Hence, that aspect made it quite inexpensive rather than buying one. All and sundry, it could provide a great value to the prospective buyers.
4. Amstron GC2 6V AGM Golf Cart, Marine, RV Battery
At last, we have Amstron GC2 as one of top four 6volt golf cart battery. The powerful piece adopted AGM technology also like the UPG UB62000. Having the 10.2 * 7.1 * 10.8 inches size ration made it easy to move. It weighs 68 pounds.
The following Amstron battery offers several advantages such as flooded batteries, and gel cell that made its quality beyond any other conventional batteries. No need to maintaining water levels or accidental spillage made it a true hassle-free powerhouse.
It does not have any liquid, so the freezing temperature can’t damage the battery. Wow, now that is impressive. Additionally, it can reduce heat generation while you are charging or discharging. That expanded its lifecycle longer than others.
Since it included with low self-discharge rates, you can store it without any boost charge. The thing about it is, its magnificent design provides less than 4% gas emission. So, if you want to take off with your golf cart, it can be the best pick to boost-up your cart.
Finally, you will get a capacity of 210 Ah and a 24-month of warranty, if this is going to be your choice. Now Amstron GC2 most cheap golf cart batteries in the market.
Best 8 Volt Golf Cart Batteries
In this section, we will go through all the features, advantages, and disadvantages of the top of our selection in the 8-volt category.
1. Lot of 6 Trojan T-875 8V Golf Cart Batteries
The Trojan T-875 is their flagship line product. It is the premium category 8-volt battery that can meet any kind of challenge. The manufacturer used the flooded or wet lead-acid feature in this battery with high profile terminals.
The battery has a length of 259 mm, a width of 179 mm, and a height of 283 mm Added to that, featured 295 @ 25 Amps and 117 @ 56 Amps capacity per minutes made it strong enough to meet your expectations.
I would say, it has balanced traits of both advantages and disadvantages. So, you need to take your decision intelligently. But sure if it meets your all expectations then it can be a bang for your bucks.
2. EZGO TXT48 Golf Cart Battery - US 8VGC XC2
- Highest initial capacity; Fastest cycle up to full rated capacity
- Greatest total energy delivered over the life of the battery
- Ultimate compatibility with the wide range of chargers currently used in the field
- High charge efficiency designed to meet the new California Energy
- Commission regulation for combined charger/battery charge efficiency
The extreme capacity of the battery is capable of power around an entire golf course without any limit. The powerhouse comes with 4 in 1 set. So, other batteries in the market are not in a mood to mess with this.
Sensationally, it has enough energy to deliver great performance over the lifetime. To enhance the power, the EZHO TXT48 can get charge through a wide range of chargers.
The dimension of the model is 11 * 8 * 12 inches with a weight of 62 pounds. Its Amp-hour capacities are 170 minutes @ 75 amps, 90 minutes @ 25 Amps. Besides, you will get one year of warranty from the recommended vendors.
3. Universal Power Group UBGC8 8 Volt Battery
- UPG # 45968 UBGC8 8V 200Ah.
- Dimensions: 10.23 inches x 7.08 inches x 10.67 inches. Weight: 78.30 Lbs
- SLA/AGM maintenance free, spill proof battery
- Rechargeable battery that can be mounted in any position, resists shocks and vibration
- 1 Year Warranty
Now a day, every battery has a longer life trait. And, the UPB UBGC8 is no different than that. Its unique attributes can provide a bold performance compared to traditional batteries. The insider (AGM) Absorbent Glass Mat technology works behind the fence to ensure the performance.
Its spill-proof construction which is regulated by the valve allows completing a safe and steady operation. Although, for the starter, it won’t be a wise choice, if you do not have someone experienced to deal with it.
It has a dimension of 10.23 * 7.08 * 10.67 inches that results in a weight of 78.30 lbs. Most of the vendors are offering the model with a 1-year warranty.
The fun fact is, it has the same mountable feature as the Universal Power Group UB62000 6V Battery. So, it seems like the manufacturer is pretty concern about producing flexible batteries. The rechargeable battery can resist any shocks or vibrations related problem.
Best 12v golf cart batteries
1. Universal Power Group (35Ah)
In my opinion, the main can be a good option if you prefer sealed lead acid AGM. Its Absorptive Glass Mat technology is proven to be reliable and very efficient. You can use it in your solar panel as well. The cost per watt/hourly is by far the lowest compared to the above two. The high-quality construction gives these batteries 600 of the life cycle.
The tested and respected vendors of the Universal Power Group, which is the manufacturer of the product, offer the replacement batteries with the same specification with 100% compatibility.
Incorporated with that, it can serve you within a wide variety of gears like wheelchairs, alarm systems, motorcycles, toy cars, and our very own golf cart. So, it can be an all in one package to consider.
The battery dimension is 12.2 * 9.6 * 9.3 inches, and the weight is 46 pounds. You will get a one-year warranty from the recommended vendors.
2. US 12V XC2-12 Volt Golf Cart Battery
- Application: Wherever Deep Cycle 12-volt batteries are needed.
- Dimensions: 13-1/8 (333)L x 7-1/16 (179)W x 11-3/8 (289)H
- Type: Flooded Lead Acid (FLA) non-sealed
- Case material: Polypropylene / Heat Sealed
The second perfect battery in our 12-volt selection list is the US 12V XC2, that has an extreme capacity to deliver 242 Amps hourly. The model comes with a “Diamond Plate” technology, which made it fulfilled it with a longer lifecycle and improved the charging profiles by being time and cost-efficient.
The battery is an (FLA) Flooded Lead-Acid battery with a non-sealed feature. The body material builds with Polypropylene with a heat-sealed feature.
It is not like the regular standard size ratio. It has 14 * 8 * 12 inches with a weight of 86 pounds. Another point you should consider, that is, it has only a pair option. So, if you want to buy or replace one battery of your previous set, you have to get a new pair. This is weird!
3. Trojan T-1275 12V Battery
Their amazing T-1275 model has a deep cycle of 150 Ah with a Flooded Lead Acid Battery. I would prefer this to use in a golf cart, solar applications because this FLA has the longest track record in the solar application-related uses. In short, it has the longest life with the least cost per hourly amp.
The other side of the coin is, you have to maintain it regularly through watering, charging, and cleaning the top terminals. But, make sure to follow the instruction guide while cleaning.
This battery has a unique dimension of 0.5 * 7.1 * 10.9 inches with a weight of fewer than 83 pounds.
4. ExpertPower 12v 33ah Rechargeable Deep Cycle Battery
- Genuine ExpertPower Battery - The Most Trusted And Highest Reviewed Sealed Lead Acid Batteries On Amazon
- Battery Type - 12 Volt 33Amp/10 Hour Sealed Lead Acid Battery
- Quality Assurance - Crafted Wtih A Rugged Construction, Our SLA Batteries Are Ultra Durable And Utilize...
- User Friendly - Easy, One-Time Installation Of Our Maintenance Free and Valve Regulated Batteries Will...
Expert Power Inc has been a trusted choice, since, 1987 and a lot of US customers prefer them. As like their history of product development, they have given the golden touch in this powerful 12 volt 33Ah battery also. The finest thing about it is that the rechargeable deep cycle battery comes with top quality materials.
They have also added the lead-acid feature to provide the perfect and uninterrupted power supply. The system mechanism can support emergencies. It can be a good choice to maintain solar panels, full automatic wheelchairs, scooters, and golf carts.
The dimension is 7.7 * 5.2 * 6.3 inches. And the weight is 23 pounds. It is the most trusted and highest reviewed SLA battery, which made it a pure piece of perfection.
I like its easy installation feature, because, of my lazy nature. Even if you believe you are of that kind, please feel free to try this one.
Best Golf Cart Battery Charger (36v)
1. 36volt 18amp Golf Cart Battery Charger for EZ-go
- 36Vdc, 18Adc Output, 120 Vac 60 Hz Input
- Universal IEC Input Connector with A.C. Line ‘Power-Good’ and Disruption Green/Red L.E.D Indicator
- Output Connector Type: EZgo 2-Pin 'D' Shaped 36V Connector (Powerwise or TXT)
- Comes with Relay for Energy Savings
The first volunteer in our list is Ez-go battery charger. Unlike a typical battery charger, it comes with a plastic and steel variation. The universal IEC input connector provides you the control to monitor the charging procedure easily.
It comes with an eco-friendly nature also. The battery charger can save energy that could be a preferable subject you should consider. Added to that the charger has the fast charging feature so that it can charge you golf cart battery consuming less time. Yeah, now that is what I love about this charger.
The product dimension is 6.2 * 10.2 * 6.9 inches with a weight of 29 pounds.
Automatic AC disconnection or reconnection adds another strong trait in this charger that will work automatically after and before the charging. So, you do not to be tensed about the stage of charge anymore.
2. MODZ Max36 15 AMP EZGO TXT Battery Charger for 36 Volt Golf Carts
- [36-VOLT 15 AMP EZGO TXT GOLF CART BATTERY CHARGER] - Includes a "D" Style Powerwise plug for quick and...
- [WATER & DUST RESISTANT] - Features an IP67 weather resistance rating, the same rating found on some of...
- [PLUG & FORGET TECHNOLOGY] - Engineered with innovative, soft switch technology allowing you to plug in...
- [LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN, CONVENIENT CARRY HANDLE & 16' OF TOTAL CABLE LENGTH] - Designed with convenience in...
- [BUY WITH CONFIDENCE] - Built by one of the largest and most advanced battery charger manufacturers in...
The next finalist in our list has an integrated microprocessor smart charging system. This provides you more power to control the charging procedure. It consists of SB-50 Anderson plug which is identical with a bunch of EZ GO carts. Over and above, the automatic switch technology helps to perform unassisted charging. So, it can be turned on/off by itself.
The lightweight design and carry handle made it easier to move flexibly. The weight is 7 pounds, and the dimension of the charger is 11 * 3 * 6 inches.
The easy to read LED indicator is ready to co-op with you during the whole charging procedure. The powerful battery charger has a “plug and forgets” feature that keeps your batteries alive, while you are dropping that for long time storing. This is something unique in this charger.
Best Golf Cart Battery Charger (48 volts)
In this part, I will discuss the golf cart battery charger with 48 volts. So, let’s begin with the first one.
1. 48volt 17amp Golf Cart Battery Charger for Yamaha
- Golf Cart charger with 2 Pin "Nabson" round power supply
- DPI 48 volt 17 amp Golf Cart charger
- Yamaha Golf Cart
- High Quality Golf Cart part with the Golf Cart King's Customer Service Guarantee
- Golf Cart King only sells High Quality products that are Durable and long lasting.
This Accusense charger is the upgraded version of earlier discussed 36 volts version. As like the elder version, it has all the powerful aspects to support your task. It has a dimension of 13 * 11 *12 inches and a weight of only 31 pounds.
The body material is like the previous version, which comes with plastic and steel variation. A unique thing they have added is the 2 pins “Nabson” round power supply support. The charger is durable and long-lasting enough to serve a long time.
Some trusted vendors are providing 3 years of limited warranty. But you have to hurry to get that offer.
In the end, this 48 volts 177 amp golf cart charger can provide you a great value.
2. Club Car 48 Volt Golf Cart Battery Charger
- This Lester Links 48 volt golf cart battery charger is made for 1995-2013 48V Club Car DS, Precedent,...
- Plug the battery charger into your Club Car and once your golf cart batteries fully charge, the Club...
- The Lester Links Charger needs a minimum of 30 volts to activate. If the battery pack is below 30 volts,...
- If your batteries are less than 4 years old then you may be able to bring them up to the proper voltage....
- This 48 volt Club Car battery charger made by Lester Electrical offers a 2 year manufacturer warranty but...
The Lester Electrical (manufacturer) made it support heavy-duty, that can prevent undercharging and overcharging simultaneously. So, now you do not need to worry if you forget to remove the charger. The only negative point is, the retro design may not be able to capture everyone attention.
If you are an ancient family member of Lester Electrical family, then this can be your next choice. It 13 amps charging power can quickly charge your 48 volts golf cart. So, you will get a combo of smart charging and fast charging.
It weighs 24 pounds. Some of the vendors may provide up to 1 year of warranty.
Best Golf Cart Battery Meter
Only a battery meter can tell you if your golf cart battery in dead stage or not, whether we have to change it or not. That is the reason it important too to buy the perfect battery meter. In this section, I will go through that information.
1. Runleader RL-BI003 48V Battery
- LED battery indicator available in 48V volt DC acid battery
- 10 segment LED Bar Graph display,Resolution: 10% per segment：3 color LED display,different light...
- LED flash for low charge&high charge warning
- Memory option to recall last charge level;This battery indicator has a delay time to avoid wrong display...
- With the key switch input model it's use turns ON and OFF the LED display while still monitoring the...
The very fast in meter in our selected family is RL-BI003 manufactured by Runleader. The meter can support the most type of LAS (Lead Acid Storage) battery with a powerful LED battery indicator.
Besides to that, the LED indicator has a 10 segments LED bar graph with a resolution of 10% per segment. The indicator consists of a LED flash also which warns you whenever the battery is low or high in charge. The switch input mode can reduce battery consumption with monitoring support.
2. Stone River Battery Meter Golf Cart State of Charger for Batteries
- 36V and 48V battery voltage meter and capacity detector. Fits various battery types: 6x6, 6x8, 4x12.
- Includes U-bracket, Nuts, and Washers Mounting hardware. Great for a 52 mm (2 1/ 16" or 2") Hole.
- Perfect for Golf cart, Club Car, Scissor Lift, EZGO, RV's, ATV's, UTV's, Scooters, Boats and More.
- Made in The USA with a rugged long-lasting design - Heavy-duty shell, dustproof and waterproof meter
- Easy to install - Simple Analog Battery Meter. Just Mount The Meter And Attach The Routing Wires.
This made in USA golf cart battery meter is a truthful leader in its genre. The particular meter has a variation of 36 volts and 48 volts to state the capacity and the stage of charge. Its versatility can support to fit different types of batteries, such as 6*6, 6*8, 4*12.
The built-in U-bracket, nuts, and other hardware are rich in quality. The long-lasting design is ready to support your heady-duty, dust and water protection.
To me, the most likely thing is, it’s easy to install. The simplicity of this analog meter requires only mounting the meter and attaching with the routing wires. It is that much simple, you know.
3. Battery Monitor, DROK 10-100V Digital Battery Capacity Tester
At last, my favorite, DROK digital battery. If you like to adopt new technological innovations like me, then you are going to love this battery meter. The meter has a protective shell and dust and waterproof body. The modern beauty included with an alarm system that warns you if the voltage falls with the red indicator flash.
It has an LCD color display that shows you the battery capacity, voltage, and temperature. The versatile battery supports various gears to charge like portable device, power bank, robot, golf cart, electronic motorcycle, etc.
The dimension is 2.4 * 1.3 * 0.5 inches, and weight is 1.6 ounces only. These traits made it a comparably smaller and lighter device.
Frequently Asked Question
How long do golf cart batteries last?
The answer may vary depending on some of the variables such as maintenance and the quality of the battery. If you are cleaning the top terminals regularly, pay attention to overcharging and undercharging situations, watering properly, the battery lifetime will expand. None the less, even battery charger and meters is directly related with the battery lifecycle. If you can perform proper maintenance, it could last for 5-6 years.
How much are golf cart batteries?
It depends on how much you are expecting from the battery. Besides, the varieties of battery feature also cause the price. Mainly, it depends on the volt and amp per hourly, the higher the numbers are, and the higher will be the price. Nowadays, there are automation featured batteries are available in the market, which can add some more bucks in the amount.
How to test golf cart batteries?
Connect the meter with the battery with a Multi-meter. Check the meter. If you get over 6 volts, then it’s fine. If the reading is lower than 4.1, and then one of the cells of the battery has a bad condition.
Besides, there are some other ways like with a Hydrometer or a Load Testing.
How to test golf cart charger?
- 1Turn on the battery charger and check if your battery is getting any power through that or not.
- 2If the charger is not turning on after turn ignition to auxiliary, then there should be a problem between the connection processes.
- 3Check if the chargers’ transformer is creating a humming sound or not. If yes then it means it’s getting electrical current.
- 4Check if there is any wire related problem or not
- 5Check if the grounding wire is disconnected or not
- 6Check the charger fuses, if it is blown or not
If you have found any problem in these above stages, go to a mechanic or expert.
How to charge golf cart batteries?
At first, read the instruction manual. If the temperature is too hot, or too cold, avoid charging the batteries. Turn the golf cart off while charging. Never fully charge your battery. Keep it nearly 90%. Whenever the batteries or charger is getting heat more than it should, stop charging.
How long do golf cart batteries last on one charge?
It depends on the battery configurations. Most commonly, with one charge, it can go 25-40 miles.
How to read a golf cart battery charger?
If you have a voltmeter connected with the charger then it’s an easier task. If you have a 48-volt battery pack connected, it will show 51ish across the pack. This is the reading of full charged.
How many batteries in a 48v golf cart?
There can be two types of batteries available with your 48v golf cart. Whether it is 6 volt batteries or 12 v batteries. If they are of 6 volts then you will have 8 of them and if they are of 12 v batteries, then you will have 4 of them.
This is the first and most crucial aspects to consider. As previously discussed, there are 3 types of a volt- 6, 8, and 12. If your golf cart requires 36 or 48 volt select a set of batteries with different amount of volts.
The AMH capacity refers to the amount of power it can hold and supply to the cart. If it has fewer numbers, then the time your cart will work will be less than expectations. So, choose a battery with a higher capacity.
There are different types of battery available in the market, like AGM lead-acid, gel lead acid, etc. Each of them has pros and cons. You need to research a bit to find out which one suits your cart .
Able to survive the deep cycle is an important attribute of the good battery. Make sure to check this out.
Whatever the durability mainly depends on the maintenance. Though consider that one with a longer durable built-in material and warranty.
Using a reliable and powerful battery is too much essential not only for golf cart but also for your golfing enthusiast. I have tried to go through every aspect that can help you to get the perfect decision so far. So, now I am going to take your leave. Wish that you will have a happy investment and will rock on the courses. Let me know your experience with your new batteries in the comment section.
Video: How to Charge Dead Golf Cart Batteries Manually