Golf cart batteries come in three variations of 36 volts, 48 volts, or 72 volts. You maybe are wondering what's the relation between a battery cable and the battery. Since the voltage level of any battery can't exceed its max level, the battery current increases to assuage the voltage level. During that time, the Cable resistance plays a vital role in delivering you the best security and protection possible. That is why picking up a balanced and perfect sized battery cable with high-resistance power is necessary.
Either you own a 36 volt or a 48-volt battery, or any golf cart from Yamaha, EZ-GO, or Club Car, here are the top seven golf cart battery cables that should satisfy you to a great extent.
We have decided to place AC/DC WIRE AND Golf Cart Battery Cable Set as our top pick for today after thorough speculation.
Last update on 2022-06-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Related Post : Golf cart batteries reviews
Best Golf Cart Battery Cable
1. AC/DC WIRE AND Golf Cart Battery Cable Set
This Cable Set from the famous wire manufacturer, AC/DC WIRE SUPPLY, is our top pick on the list. This Cable is suitable for a 36-volt battery. If you own an EZ-GO golf cart from 1994 & UP MED/TXT, then this one can give you relief. This custom made 4 AUG welding cable makes this one larger and broader, producing excellent resistance. All of the cable ends are hydraulic crimped and sealed with a 3:1 Dual wall Heat Shrink. Cable's EPDM jacket will show maximum resistance against flame, oil, grease solvents, Ozone, and abrasion. This cable set is rated to withstand 600v, making it the most rigid and most durable product possible. Another reason to trust this item is that this one is wholly manufactured in the USA. Protection of your golf cart and battery will be a matter of ease if you own this one.
- Brand: AC/DC WIRE SUPPLY
- Suitable for a 36-volt battery.
- Compatible with EZ-GO golf cart from 1994 & UP MED/TXT.
- Rating: 600V
- 4 AUG cable size.
- Hydraulic crimped Cable ends.
- Sealed with 3:1 Dual wall Heat Shrink.
- Maximum resistance with The EPDM jacket.
Reald more : Led light kit for golf cart reviews
2. 10L0L Battery Cables Set
When it is about any sort of golf cart equipment, 10LOL is a formidable candidate to avoid. This Cable Set from 10LOL is our second recommendation on this list. This one is suitable for both 36 and 48-volt golf cart batteries. If you own an EZ-GO golf cart from 1994 and up, then this one should be perfectly compatible with your cart. This 100% fine stranded pure copper cable will ensure high amperage applications. While buying a new wire, looking at the sealing of the Cable is more than necessary. This Power-Flex Cable with the Polyolefin heat shrink tubing forms a protective seal that should satisfy you greatly. Besides, The tinned coated copper cable lugs will protect from any kind of corrosion. The hexagon larger contact surface will provide superior heat dissipation. This item includes one black and one red Cable, and it is a four gauge cable.
- Brand: 10LOL
- Four-gauge cable.
- Suitable for 36 and 48-volt batteries.
- Compatible with any EZ-GO golf cart from 1994 and up, TXT.
- 100% fine stranded pure copper cable.
- Protective sealing with polyolefin heat shrink tubing.
- Corrosion protection with tinned coated copper cable lugs.
- hexagon larger contact surface
- Includes one black and one red Cable.
3. WindyNation 2 Gauge Golf Cart Battery Cables
This Cable set from WindyNation is our third recommendation for you. This one is compatible with any EZ-GO Golf cart from 1994 and up, TXT with a 36-volt battery adaptation. This one is a two gauge battery cable, the highest-sized battery cable, making it more resistant and durable. This complete set includes four pcs 9" cables, one pc 12" cable, one pc 28" cable, and one pc 36-inch cable. This one is a PowerFlex Battery Cable that is SAE J1127 approved. The tin-coated, pure copper cable lugs will ensure perfect protection from any corrosion. The Polyolefin heat shrink tubing provides a protective interface that is highly resistant to corrosive chemicals commonly found in battery compartments.
- Brand: WindyNation.
- Two gauge cable.
- Suitable for 36-volt batteries.
- Compatible with any EZ-GO Golf cart from 1994 and up, TXT.
- Includes four pcs 9" cables, one pc 12" cable, one pc 28" cable, and one pc 36-inch cable.
- PowerFlex Battery Cable; SAE J1127 approved.
- Tin-coated, pure copper cable lugs.
- Polyolefin heat shrink tubing
4. Club Car DS 95+ (48 Volt) Golf Cart cable set
All the Club Car users might be scolding us for not suggesting any club car's compatible battery cable. Well, this Cable Set from Golf Cart King is our fourth recommendation for you. This one is compatible with 1995-Up Club Car DS models with a battery capacity of 48 volts ( 6, 8-volt batteries).this one is a four gauge cable that is 14 inches in length. The complete set includes five 14 inches cable. The Double-wall heat shrink feature of this Cable will ensure maximum corrosion protection and resistance at the same time. This one will have 5/16 Copper Lugs, making it more resistant that provides extreme protection.
- Brand: Golf Cart King.
- 48-volt battery Cable.
- Compatible with 1995-Up Club Car DS models.
- Four gauge cable.
- 14 inches in length.
- Includes five cables.
- Double-wall heat shrink
- 5/16 Copper Lugs
5. Golf Carts Universe Club Car DS 36v
Another club car compatible golf cart battery cable, which is from the Golf Cart Universe. This one is compatible with any Club Car DS1981+ models with a 36-volt battery adaptation (6, 6 volts batteries). This one is a heavy-duty four gauge battery wire, making it durable and sturdy for better resistance. The length of the Cable is 12 inches, and the whole set includes five cables. Like the previous one, this one will also have a double-wall heat shrink protection, making the battery protected from any corrosion. The highest quality material of this item will ensure additional quality to make you happy about battery protection.
- Brand: Golf Cart Universe.
- 36-volt battery wire.
- Compatible with any Club Car DS 1981+ models.
- Four gauge Cable.
- Twelve inches in length; includes 5 Cables.
- Double-wall heat shrink protection.
6. Yamaha G2, G8, G9 Golf Cart - Battery Cable Set
in the seventh place, we are present with a Yamaha compatible battery cable, and this time it is from Golf Cart King. This one is a 36-volt battery wire that is compatible with any 1985-94 Yamaha G2, G8, and G9 (36 volts) models. It is a four gauge cable. The length of the Cable is 12 inches, and the whole package includes five wires. You can remain calm when it is about protection from corrosion with the Double-wall heat shrink feature. The Cable resistance is a significant characteristic of a good quality cable, and this one will pass this test with comfort. This one will have 5/16 Copper Lugs, along with four gauge welding, making it more resistant and durable.
- Brand: Golf Cart King
- 36-volt battery cable.
- Compatible with any 1985-94 Yamaha G2, G8, and G9 (36 volts) models.
- Four gauge cable.
- Twelve inches in length; includes five cables.
- Double-wall heat shrink.
- 5/16 Copper Lugs.
7. Yamaha G22 Golf Cart - Battery Cable Set
We will finish this recommendation section by recommending another Yamaha compatible battery cable, and this time it is also from Golf Cart King. This one is for the Yamaha G22 models that have a 48-volt battery adaptation. The whole package includes 1 nine inches cable and four sixteen inches cables. This one is a four gauge cable with a high-resistance feature. For corrosion protection, this one will have a Double-wall heat shrink. This one will also have 5/16 Copper Lugs, making it more suitable for your beloved golf cart.
- Brand: Golf Cart King.
- Compatible with the Yamaha G22 models( 48 volts; 6, 8-volts)
- Includes one 9-inches and four 16-inches cables.
- Four gauge welding.
- Double-wall heat shrink.
- 5/16 Copper Lugs.
8. EPAuto Golf Cart Battery Cable
A battery cable for the golf cart that is manufactured by EPAuto. Contains both positive and negative type cable. There is two nickel plated copper terminal at both end side of the cable. Two different round shaped designs are available in this battery cable. One has the size of 1/4inches and the other one is 3/8inches. Very light in weight with the weight of 3.2 ounces only. For better performance, this is a heavy duty cable with a 6 gauge wire type. This golf cart battery cable is simple, but very much efficient using it for a long time. As it has the capacity of max load for 200A
- Available in two different size variant
- Contains nickel plated terminal at the end side
- Heavy duty cable with 6 gauge wire system
- Can be used for a long for the durable quality
- Wire size of 20 inches provides easy access and connection
9. LotFancy Golf Cart Battery Cable
It is a golf cart battery that has 4 different sizes and wires available in it. This feature lets the LotFancy Golf Cart Battery Cable use at any kind of area or surface. From the first, this battery cable contains both the positive and negative parts at each side with a ring size of 3/8 inches. This is the size of the 6awg version of the battery cable. Thinking of the customer's safety, it is certified with UL testing which helps to use the cable at the perfect thing with the perfect power. As the cable contains tin plated copper for usage, it provides good stability and contains wear resistant technology too. It improves the oxidation resistant ability of the copper and gives better conductivity. Though the cable has a simple structure, it contains waterproof ability, moisture proof ability, and avoids the flame hits too. So all the advanced things lead this battery cable to the best one for sure.
- High quality tin plated copper for good stability and wear resistance technology
- Contain UL testing certification for better and safe usage
- Durable and heavy duty PVC insulation battery cable has the waterproof, heatproof, and flameproof ability
- Available in four different wiring system and size
- Better conductivity even after using for a long time
10. 10LOL Golf Cart Battery Cable
10LOL is a well known company for its golf cart related accessories. This set is available in 6 different sizes and shapes. A larger set of the battery cable contains all shaped and sized cables. These universal cables fit all types of golf carts. Copper made cable can easily give a long ride and performance to the users and delivers more power in the batteries. Terminals of the cables have copper that can easily avoid any kind of leakage or damage. Besides, it has corrosion resistant and heat resistant features. The heat shrinkable compartment avoids the connection with sulfuric acid and keeps the cables stay from corrosion. The company claims to have a good experience and performance after using the 10LOL battery cables in the golf cart or other vehicles.
- The copper kitted cable delivers more power, prevent any kind of leakage and save electricity
- Wiring kit copper terminal for better performance and heat shrinking feature
- Perfectly sealed terminals with wiring keep the cables away from sulfuric acid and avoid any kind of corrosion
- Heavy duty cables can easily avoid all kind of corrosion even fire
- Latest hexagonal design for the copper terminals
11. Spartan Power Made Golf Cart Battery Cable
This golf cart battery cable is available in a lot of different sizes. For those who like to use premium and quality materials in their golf cart and the battery, this battery cable is definitely for them. Spartan Power is the brand that has manufactured this product for their golf carts. Along with the USA origin guarantee, this cable can take place of other battery cables. There are a lot of cables with the most common problem of cramp failure. But those problems can be overcome by using this battery cable in the golf cart. Very strong company policy of repairing the cable for the cramp failure issue anytime, anywhere.
In terms of sizing, the minimum size of 12 inches in length is enough for providing extra safety and easy usage all the time. This 4 AWG battery cable has an alligator clamp used at each of the end sides, which makes this battery cable a little bit different from the others. Besides, each battery cable has a professional cut with a properly heated shrink that is more effective and long lasting than other golf carts. Having all the positive and good terms, this battery cable is a proper one for using in the golf carts.
- Available in all the essential sizes
- Contains a professional cut with heated shrink
- Unique and durable alligator clamp used at each of the ends
- Tin plated copper lugs for better corrosion and extra safety with oxidation resistant technology
- No crimp failure or repairing issue for a lifetime
12. TRUE AMALGAMATED Golf cart battery cable
If good packaging and safety a necessary term, then go for the TRUE AMALGAMATED battery cables for the golf cart. Though the packaging is not an issue if the product works well. But sometimes, it depends on the customer's choice. This battery cable is made from 100% insulated cable stock. Each of the end sides of the cable contains full tinned copper. Two different sizes are available in this battery cable. One is the size of 4-9 inches and the other one is 1-12 inches. Some of the great and useful terms lead this golf cart battery cable to a suitable one for sure.
- Made from 100% insulated cable stock
- Full tinned copper cover at each of the end
- Perfectly sealed and covered cable to avoid water or dust
- Properly adhesive lined shrink tube for avoiding moisture due to the capillary action
- Comes in proper packaging thinking about the safety and the quality of the cable
Short Buying Guides
Here are the top five things you need to consider while buying a new golf cart battery cable to ensure better protection to your cart and battery.
The very first thing that you need to look at is whether the Cable is compatible with your cart or not. Golf cart batteries tend to come with 36 volt or 48-volt variations. Whether you own an EZ-GO, YAMAHA, or club car, you need to ensure that the Cable is completely compatible with the cart's cable system.
The next thing that you need to look at is the voltage level of the wire. If the wire is built for a 36 volt battery supply and starts using the Cable with a 48-volt battery supply, it will be a complete waste for sure. Besides, the probability of short-circuit will increase to a great extent.
The third essential thing that you should be looking at is the size of the Cable. In general, a battery cable will come in three different variations: 2 AUG, 4AUG, and 6AUG. The lower the number, the denser it is going to be.
Another thing you might look at while buying a new battery cable is the resistance of the Cable. According to ohm's law, if you can make the tire's resistance 0 ohms, the system will not face any trouble. But, it is quite impossible to maintain the resistance of the Cable that low. It would be best if you keep in mind that the lower the Cable's resistance level, the better it will be for your cart.
The final thing you should be looking at is protecting your battery from corrosion, short-circuit, flame, oil, grease solvents, Ozone, and abrasion.
What causes golf cart battery cables to melt?
Some factors can make your golf cart battery cable overheat or melt. Here are some of them-
- If the Cable's current passing is too much than the Cable's resistance level, there is a high chance that the Cable will overheat or melt.
- If the wire's connection system with the battery is flawed, this kind of occurrence becomes common.
- If the battery's voltage level does not match with the Cable's production, there is always a chance of a short-circuit causing the battery to meltdown.
- Some external factors like a bad starter can also cause the Cable to overheat or melt.
- Good golf cart battery charger must need for your battery health.
what size battery cable for golf cart
Golf cart battery cables are available in three different kinds. They are-
- Two AUG: this kind of wire is the thickest battery cable available. If you want a wire that will provide the maximum resistance, this kind of wire can significantly help. The diameter of this kind of wire is 0.450 inches.
- Four AUG: if you want a mid-range battery wire for your golf cart, this 4-AUG wire can be a perfect choice. 4-AUG battery cable comes with a diameter of 0.331 inches.
- Six AUG: This is the thinnest battery wire that you will find in the market. Mostly, they are suitable for the golf cart tire cable. The diameter of this kind of wire is 0.282 inches.
Read more : Golf cart wheel spacers ( yamaha, ez go) reviews
How to check golf cart battery cables?
Checking or testing your golf cart wire cables will ensure that your cart's batteries are in good health, Or cart battery bad. Here are the ways how you should be doing the checking or testing.
- To complete the testing, you will require two clamp meter.
- The next step is to set your meter to DC volts.
- Clamp one meter lead to the battery terminal on one end of the wire.
- Clamp the other meter lead to the terminal on the other end of the wire.
- After completing the plugin, you need to look at the meter, and the meter should show 0.0 volts.
- Remember that you need to do the testing while driving the cart.
- Now, look at the meter while driving the cart. The parameter shown on the meter is the appropriate measurement you are looking for.
- If you are satisfied with the reading, the battery and Cable should be working fine. But, if not, there might be some sort of disturbance running on.
Golf cart battery cable ensures smooth energy flow from the battery to the whole parts of the cart. If the wires are not convenient or compatible with your cart's batteries, the chances of malfunctions are high. Make sure you know what are you using.