How could you make your fellowmen aware of your presence in the golf course without saying a word? The process is very simple; install a cool golf cart horn with a clear and loud sound. The installation of a horn in the golf cart also makes your cart legal for driving on the streets.
As there are several types of horns with different features, I’m here to make it easier for you through the Best golf cart horn kit reviews. You should select a durable and high-quality one like Madjax 02-019 Universal Golf Cart Horn Kit, which on the top of the list.
The process of choosing horn kits for your golf cart might not be easy, but the buying guide I’ve provided will surely make it a lot easier.
Why installing a horn on a golf cart
Install horn on your golf cart is very crucial if you are worried about safety while you are moving towards the golf course.
- Ensure safety on streets: When you are out on the streets with a golf cart, it is really necessary to have a horn. This will allow driving safely.
- Make the cart street legal: Some states, subdivisions, or areas impose rules of installing horn on your golf cart before bringing it out on the street.
- Helpful in a critical situation: If you are stuck in a jam, or you are in a hurry, you can't make space by yelling or by simply sitting on the seat. At that time, you need a clear and loud horn.
- Makes your cart nicer: Some musical golf cart horns increase the beauty of the cart and make it nicer than ever.
Best universal use
Madjax 02-019 Universal Golf Cart Horn Kit
Best horn kit
Golf Carts Universe 12v Golf Cart Horn Kit
Best complete set
10L0L Golf Cart complete set with horn
ABS material & quartz glass construction
Best signal switch
RHOX Universal Golf Cart Turn Signal Switch with Horn Button
Best musical horn
Wolo (430) Musical Horn
Best bugle horn
Coolrunner Bugle Horn for golf cart
Best dual tone
HELLA 007424801 Twin Trumpet High/Low Tone 12V Horn Kit
Galvanized metal body
Best Golf cart horn kit
1. Madjax 02-019 Universal Golf Cart Horn Kit
If you are searching horn for your golf cart to make it street legal in your subdivision, then this golf cart horn kit from Madjax is going to be a great choice for you. This is a universal golf cart horn kit. The user can easily mount this whole golf cart kit on any golf cart, but that must be a 12-volt application.
The adjustable volume control setting is a great addition to the horn, which provides the user a nicer performance on the road. It is high quality and durable golf cart horn kit, which will serve you in the long term. Also, the golf car kit meets or exceeds OEM quality standards as well.
In this horn kit, you will find wiring to install the horn successfully in the golf cart and also a horn button to use the horn in the streets. Moreover, there is a detailed instruction included in this that will help the user to install the horn.
- Universally mountable in any 12-volt golf cart
- It has an adjustable volume control setting
- It includes wiring and horn button
- It is a high-quality and durable horn kit.
2. Golf Carts Universe 12v Golf Cart Horn Kit Button Wire harness
Brand: Golf Carts Universe
Weight: 16 ounces
It would be great if your golf cart's horn provides a loud sound and this horn kit from Golf Carts Universe ensures this feature. It is compatible with any 12-volt golf cart application. However, you can also mount it on 36 volts or 48 volts golf carts. In that case, you just need a voltage reducer.
It is a complete golf cart horn kit, which provides you the ease of installing as all the required equipment is included here. Except for the horn, there is a horn button and wire harness. The horn button is here to be mounted on the floor to provide efficient service.
The horn is compatible with EZGO golf carts, Yamaha golf carts, and club cars. And with the floor-mounted horn button, you can easily operate the horn to have a nice and safe journey on the streets.
- The horn is compatible with 12 volts applications
- Includes a floor-mounted horn button for efficient operating
- There is a wire harness for easy installation
- The horn kit is mountable on EZGO, Yamaha, and club cars.
3. RHOX Universal Golf Cart Turn Signal Switch with Horn Button
Weight: 1.8 pounds
This golf cart kit from RHOX is easy to install and easier to make your cart street legal. It comes with a turn signal switch, and there is also a horn button included with the switch. It is now easier to reflect your movements on the road with this golf cart kit installed because it also has flashers on the switch.
It comes with a universal design that makes it compatible with any golf cart. It doesn’t matter whether you have an EZGO cart, or Yamaha cart, or a club car, you can always install the whole kit in there. Though it is made for use in 12 volts applications, you can use it on 36 or 48 or 72 volts applications as well by a voltage reducer.
The installation process is pretty easy for this kit. You need no extra accessories for the installation because you just need to clamp the switch onto the steering column. Meanwhile, it comes with a 7-wire design for more convenient installation.
- Reflect your movements with turn signal switch and horn button
- Mountable on 36, 48, and 72 volts applications too
- 7-wire design
- Clamp the switch on the steering column for installation.
4. 10L0L Golf Cart complete set with horn
Weight: 7.7 pounds
If you are someone, who remains very much concerned about the safety on the streets while riding on the golf cart, you should select this complete golf cart set. There is a horn included in the set, which is compatible with the EZGO golf cart models from 1996 to 2013.
The set offers more safety by adding headlights and taillights. The LED head and tail lights are bright enough to provide a clear view at night. The whole kit is compatible with 48 and 36 volts application, but you need a 12 volts reducer for this. The light kits are made of ABS materials, quartz glass, and durable material.
This heavy-duty, strong construction prevents the kit from damaging. You will get a strong light transmission from the headlight because the lampshade of the light is made of highly transparent and high-strength glass. The set also includes turn signals and switches, brake lights, and harness hardware. However, there is a detailed instruction here to help you easily install the kits.
- Compatible with 36 volts and 48 volts applications with a voltage reducer
- The light kits are made of durable ABS material and quartz glass.
- The highly transparent and high-strength glass lampshade
- It includes a horn with harness hardware.
5. Wolo (430) Musical Horn
Weight: 3.1 pounds
To have the immediate attention of the other vehicles on the road with a louder sound, this musical horn from Wolo is greatly preferable. The horn plays Dixieland that provides a nice and loud sound to have quick attention to the surroundings. It comes with a universal fit design.
The universal fitting feature of this horn makes it a suitable one for installing on any golf carts. There are five trumpets included in the horn for variety and musical sound system. The trumpets are made of durable plastic, and according to the manufacturer, they are made to last long and serve you.
You can mount this universal fit musical horn on any 12 volts application without much effort. The 12-volt extra heavy-duty compressor is totally maintenance-free. Moreover, for easy installation, you will find relay and mounting hardware in the kit set.
- It provides a nice and loud sound with the Dixieland music.
- Install on any golf cart with a universal fit design
- It is compatible with 12 volts application.
- The five trumpets are made of durable plastic.
6. Coolrunner Bugle Horn for golf cart
Weight: 2.4 ounces
This golf cart bugle-horn from Coolrunner is simple to install and also simple to operate. There are two main parts in the horn. The front part is from where the sound comes out and the back part is used to produce the sound. This back part is equipped with a black rubber ball, and squeezing the ball will produce sound.
The rubber ball is scratch-resistant and the softness of the ball makes it efficient for pressing. This softball measures 2.2 inches in diameter. Meanwhile, the front side of the horn is made with polished stainless steel. The stainless steel part of the horn is weather, rust, and corrosion-resistant.
Moreover, it is highly durable and non-fading. The horn is 7 inches long and the stainless steel mouth is 2.9 inches in diameter. However, the handlebar diameter is 0.87 inches. You can easily tighten the screws using the screwdriver and install it on your vehicle’s handle. And then squeeze the rubber ball to produce sound.
- Scratch-resistant and soft black rubber ball
- Durable and polished stainless steel construction
- Easily install by tightening the screws with a screwdriver.
- The rubber ball is 2.2 inches in diameter.
7. HELLA 007424801 Twin Trumpet High/Low Tone 12V Horn Kit
Weight: 4.4 ounces
You will get the needed attention during critical situations by installing these trumpet horns from HELLA on your golf cart. There are two horns included in the set, one provides a high tone and the other one provides a low tone. The high tone comes with a frequency of 500 Hz and the low tone has a 400 Hz frequency.
The horn provides you universal fit. It means whatever type of golf cart you have, you can install this horn to have quick and easy attention when needed. The horn is compatible with 12 volts applications. You can extend the level of safety by installing this horn with a 110 dB sound level.
The horn is constructed with galvanized metal body and the trumpet of the horn is made of plastic, which is impact-resistant. The installation process of the horn is pretty easy as well as it comes with an M8 screw horn bracket. Also, there are flat connections of 6.3 mm, open and blade type.
- It produces a high tone with 500 Hz and a low tone with 400 Hz
- Universal fit and compatible with 12 volts application
- 110 dB of sound level
- It is constructed with galvanized metal body and plastic trumpet.
Don’t skip the buying guides
Skipping this buying guide might save a little bit of time, but ultimately it will result in a wrong selection of golf cart horns. So for your own good, you need to read the whole section carefully.
Ensure the sound quality
A horn with weak sound quality won’t help you and a much louder sound will make it irritating for the others. So you should buy one that offers you moderate sound. Also, the sound should be clear on the roads. Without ensuring the sound quality it would only be a waste of money, nothing else.
Compatibility with golf carts
Each golf cart horns are compatible with 12 volts applications, but not each of them supports compatibility with 36/48/72 volts directly. But you can do so by using a voltage reduction. Moreover, also check out whether the horn is perfect for the cart model you have. Cart voltage is totally supply in golf cart batteries.
Materials used to construct
The materials used to construct the horn should be the weather, rust, and corrosion-resistant. The first choice should be stainless steel and in case you are buying a plastic horn, you should ensure it is impact-resistant. A durable golf cart horn will provide you service for long-term efficiency.
Depending on the installation process of the horn, it should be equipped with the required mounting body kits. Kits like harness, wire, screws, etc. are some common mounting kits. These things make the installation process easier for the user.
For an easier mounting process, the horn you are buying needs to have two things. One is the mounting hardware or kits, which I have already discussed and the other one is a detailed mounting instruction. This detailed instruction will help you easily install it step by step and the included hardware ensures you need no extra tools for the process.
Installing a horn on a golf cart
Almost every golf cart horn kit set comes with detailed instructions for installing the horn easily. However, some basic installation rules are common for all golf cart horns.
- You need to gather a few tools for the installation like drill bits, screwdriver, wrench, horn, horn button, harness, wire, etc.
- First, lift the cart and locate the flat panel on the left of the accelerator of your cart.
- Then drill a hole on the flat panel for inserting the horn button there. After inserting the button, put a horn plate on the opposite end.
- Now select a suitable position depending on the type of cart you have and attach the horn using nuts and bolts.
- Then take the harness up into the battery and attach the negative and positive end correctly to the battery. And that is it.
Why my golf cart horn is not working
There are few common reasons why your golf cart horns stop working well.
- The horn may not work because of a blown a fuse.
- Having a damaged relay won't transfer current from the battery, as a result, the horn won’t work.
- A damaged horn pad can also affect horn performance.
- It may stop working due to poor wiring or ground connection as well.
Repairing malfunctioning golf cart horn
You can again make the golf cart horn work well through some checking and repairing measures.
- Locate the fuse box and change the fuse box if you notice the wire in there is broken or melted.
- Take the multimeter and if the horn is making uneven sounds, it means the problem is in the relay.
- Clean the ground connection if there is a clicking sound from the horn.
- You may also have to change the clock spring if you find it broken after checking the steering wheel.
Installing a quality horn with clear sound is indeed a necessary thing for your golf cart. I think you might not regret it if you select one from reading the discussions of the products in the list and most importantly the buying guide.