A golf cart seat-belt kit is a must-have item to make your golf cart street legal. On top of that, to get optimum safety, you should never underestimate the potential benefits of a seat-belt.
A golf cart does not come with a pre-installed seat-belt. If you want to take your cart off the course, you need to install one on your own.
It does not matter whether you have a Yamaha, EZ-GO, or Club Car golf cart, you should always find a suitable seat-belt kit for you from these seven items.
Best golf cart seat belts
Last update on 2022-06-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
1. 10L0L Golf Cart Set of 4 Retractable Belt Kit
If you have a four-seater gas/electric golf cart from any brand, this seat-belt kit from 10L0L should be an excellent choice for your golf cart. The installation process of the seat-belt kit is an intimidating phase that most cart owners want to avoid. With this kit, you need no drilling for completing the process. You will get all the necessary hardware and tools to enjoy an easier installation. When safety is your primary concern, this one with the easier buckle-up method should make this one comfortable and safe both for the children and adult. The re-tractable-belt feature will ensure that you are safe and secure both on and off the course in any situation. With this item’s purchase, you will get a 1-year replacement warranty, showing the strength and quality of the item.
- Brand: 10L0L.
- This seat-belt kit is compatible with any four-seater gas/electric golf carts.
- You will be able to enjoy a drill-free installation with all the available hardware and tools.
- The convenient buckle-up method will ensure extreme safety in any situation.
- This retractable golf cart seat belt will ensure safety both for children and adults.
- 1-year replacement warranty shows the strength and quality of the product.
2. AW 2 Universal Retractable Golf Cart 42Inch Seat Belts
If you are looking for a seat belt both for the front and rear seat, consider choosing this Universal kit from AW. The first question that you would ask while choosing a golf cart seat-belt kit is whether the kit is going to fit your cart or not. This seat-belt kit is compatible with all popular golf carts, including EZ-GO, Yamaha, and Club Car, making the belt Universal. When you are installing a golf cart seat-belt for the first time, things are going to be a little tough. The bracket that comes with this kit will allow you to install seat belts both on the front and rear seat, making the installation process convenient and easier. With this item’s purchase, you will get two retractable belts for setting up on your cart’s seat. Finally, the inclusion of all the necessary hardware and tools will allow you to enjoy a convenient installation.
- Brand: AW.
- This seat-belt kit is universal, allowing you to install it on any EZ-GO, Club Car, or Yamaha carts.
- Instead of installing two brackets, you will be able to install a seat belt both on the rear and front seat with one single bracket.
- The inclusion of the two retractable seat belts gives you more than enough.
- You will get all the necessary and hardware and tools for hassle-free installation.
3. Fat cat golf Golf Cart Retractable Belt Kit Set
If you are not satisfied with the previous two retractable belt kit sets, this one from Fat Cat Golf should be another excellent item that you can consider. Are you thinking about whether this one will fit your cart or not? The Universal fit design with the bracket should make this one compatible with any EZ-GO, Club Car, or Yamaha model’s cart. You will every necessary hardware and tools so that you face no hassle while installing both the bracket and the belts. In case your cart has a flip-flop rear seat, you may need to customize the installation process a little bit. When it is about choosing a seat-belt for protection, a retractable belt should get the highest priority.
- Brand: Fat Cat Golf.
- This seat belt kit is universal, allowing it to install on any EZ-GO, Club Car, or Yamaha model’s cart.
- This kit comes with all the necessary instruments to complete the installation.
- Seat-belt is retractable for better protection.
- You may need to customize the installation process a little bit, depending on your cart's model.
4. TOYI Retractable Golf Cart Seat Belts Kit
In case you are thinking about installing a seat-belt without a bracket, consider grabbing this seat-belt kit from TOYI. You also can buy a bracket with this kit if you are thinking about installing one. This package comes with two retractable seat belts that you can install both on the front and rear seats. The extendable seat belt capacity will allow you and your passenger to sit without having any fear of falling off the cart. This seat belt should be compatible with any popular model’s golf cart including EZ-GO, Club Car, and Yamaha. You will get four sets of screws to complete a comfortable installation.
- This kit comes with two retractable belts that you can mount both on the front and rear seats.
- The retractable feature will ensure better protection.
- These seatbelts are compatible with any EZ-GO, Club Car, or Yamaha models cart.
- You will get four screws to complete a hassle-free installation.
- You may purchase the bracket in case you are thinking about installing one.
5. Podoy Golf Cart Seat Belt Kit Universal Retractable for Golf Carts
This one from Podoy is another golf cart seat belt kit that comes without a bracket. If you are thinking about installing a seat-belt without a bracket, this one would satisfy you to a great extent. With the nylon-made material, this one will never tear off with any amount of force. The retractable belt will extend to more than 40 inches, keeping you and your passenger safe and secure all the time. With this item’s purchase, you will get 4 sets of installation screws so that you face no hassle while completing the installation. This one is compatible with any TXT, RXV, DS, or Precedent models golf carts from all types of golf cart brands.
- Brand: Podoy.
- This kit does not include any bracket.
- The nylon-made material will ensure that the belt is tear-resistant.
- The extendable belt feature will ensure maximum protection both to you and your passengers.
- You will get four sets of screws for a hassle-free installation.
- The universal design makes this one compatible with any TXT, RXV, DS, or Precedent models golf carts.
6. Lotyes Universal Retractable Golf Cart Seat Belts Kit
When your kids are your cart’s passengers, the safety should be more than moderate. To ensure perfect safety for both you and your kids, we have picked this Universal seat-belt kit from Lotyes. If you ask me what is special about this particular item, I would say that all the safety essential features of this item make this one great for any kind of safety concern. You and your passenger will remain safe both on and off the course when you are in motion. This one is a universal seatbelt kit, meaning this one will fit with any available cart that you have. This one does not come with any bracket. As a result, you will not have to face any trouble installing the bracket. In case you want the bracket, you can also order the item with a bracket. For every seatbelt, you will get two buckle screws so that you face no trouble while installing the seat belt. If this one does not make you happy, what else would?
- Brand: Lotyes.
- With all the safety essential features, this one is highly recommended for the safety of both children and adults.
- This seat belt will be compatible with all available golf carts.
- Although this kit does not include a bracket, you can choose to have one.
- With every seatbelt, you will get two installation screws for easier installation.
7. Heart Horse Universal Seat Belt 2 Point Seat Belt
The last one should not mean the least. We don’t want to disappoint you with our last recommendation. That is why we have brought another Universal golf cart seatbelt from the Heart Horse to make your heart alive again. You will be able to extend this seatbelt up to 48 inches, which is the largest length possible. The universal design makes this one compatible with almost all types of available golf carts, relieving you from all sorts of compatibility concerns. This package includes two seatbelts that are also with four screws, making the installation process easier. On top of that, the metal buckle design with quality fabric will ensure maximum protection when you will be in motion. If you want better performance and maximum protection in a single item, this one is worth choosing.
- Brand: Heart Horse.
- This seatbelt is extendable to a length of 48inches, which should be the longest length for a seatbelt.
- This seatbelt is compatible with all models’ golf carts.
- This package includes two seatbelts and four screws for hassle-free installation.
- The metal buckle design with quality fabric will ensure maximum protection
How to install a golf cart seat belt
There two different ways that you may follow to install a new seat-belt on your cart. The first method is installing a bracket and then attaching the seat belt to the bracket. The second method does not require you to install any bracket. You just need to lose and tight up some screws to complete the procedure if your cart already has a screw slot. Without making any further delays let us find out how should install a bracket on your golf cart-
Installing the bracket
Grab the bar and locate the place where you have to install the grab bar. If your cart already has pre-installed holes, you need no thinking about holes. If it does not have any, you have to use the driller to make holes in the exact position.
On behind the mounting tab, you need to install the seat belt bar. Remember that the longer tabs of the bar will go in the direction of the front seats and the shorter tabs will go in the direction of the rear. Once you are done placing the bar, install all the necessary bolts.
Installing the seat-belt
The next step is installing the seat-belt. Remember one thing that the process is going to be a little different, depending on the types of your cart and systems.
Installing the seat-belt is easy. Simply loosen the screws by using an appropriate socket.
Attach the seat belt to the screws and tighten it up for a convenient setup.
Remember that not all the installation process is going to be the same. This is the basic thing you can follow to understand the installation process. Make sure you are doing enough research onyour golf cart and the type of seat-belt you are thinking about installing.
Do I need a seatbelt to make my cart street legal?
Yes, to make a golf cart street legal, a seatbelt is one of the most common features that you need to install in your golf cart.
As golf carts are becoming more popular on the street nowadays, the popularity of seat belts is also increasing rapidly. If you are thinking about making your golf cart street legal, make sure your cart has a seatbelt installed.
Do I need to install a bracket to install seat-belts?
In most cases, you need to install a bracket to install a seatbelt both on the golf cart front and rear seat.
There are many carts available that come with screw-holes on the back part, allowing you to mount the seatbelt on the bolt. In case you have such a cart, you can install a seatbelt without installing a bracket as well.
Short buying guides
Retractable or not
A good quality golf cart will always allow you to adjust the length. That is why it is always better to choose a retractable golf cart seat belt. A retractable seatbelt ensures both comfort and safety at the same time. in case you are thinking about installing a golf cart seat belt, consider choosing a retractable one.
The next thing that you need to consider while purchasing a new golf cart seat belt kit is the fabric of the belt. A nylon-made seat-belt is always convenient for better safety. It does not matter which material you are choosing, make sure the belt has enough strength to withstand a moderate amount of force.
In most cases, you will require a bracket for completing the installation. In case your cart’s seat already has screw holes, you can complete the installation without a bracket as well. Depending on the installation process, decide whether you require a bracket or not.
Hardware and tool
Completing the installation without proper hardware and tools is impossible. Almost all the golf cart seatbelt kits tend to come with necessary hardware and tools. Make sure the item you are purchasing has sufficient hardware and tools as well.
Price is always a major concern. Our recommendation would be to concentrate on the quality and compatibility of the seat-belt first. If you are satisfied with the quality and compatibility, decide whether the price is okay or not.
As golf carts are going more on the street nowadays, the necessity of seatbelts is also increasing. A seatbelt does not necessarily make your cart street legal, it is necessary for enhanced safety as well. In case you are looking for a seat-belt kit that would ensure maximum safety and comfort at the same time, consider choosing from the list that we have gathered here. We have had to do extensive research to make the list. We believe you will be highly benefitted from choosing from our list.