Playing in an 18-hole course with a par score of 72 without maintaining a scorecard can be bewildering. But, keeping the scorecard directly in your back pocket can deteriorate the condition of the scorecard. To keep the scorecard safe and sound, a scorecard holder is a must-have item.
If you also are thinking like that, then here are the seven best scorecard holders for you.
Callaway Golf Leather Scorecard Holder will remain as our top pick for today.
Best golf scorecard holder
1. Callaway Golf Leather Scorecard Holder
Every golf course may provide you a scorecard to track your score, but it will not provide a holder to protect it. To ensure its perfect protection, our first recommendation is from the popular golf equipment manufacturer Callaway.
The covering of the holder is always an important issue that you should be looking at while buying a new holder. This one with its synthetic leather will ensure a perfect protective covering.
This one is going to be compatible with most of the scorecards that you would notice in different golf courses.
This leather scorecard holder should also be perfect for most of the yardage books as well.
This one will have an elastic loop to keep a pencil for writing the score.
Finally, the convenient size of this holder should not disappoint you at all when it is about keeping the holder in your back pocket while swinging the golf ball.
- Manufacturer: Callaway.
- Protective leather covering to stop deterioration (synthetic leather).
- Fits most of the scorecard and yardage book.
- Elastic loop to hold a pencil.
- Easily fits into your back pocket.
2. Craftsman Golf Leather Scorecard Holder
Looking for a patriotic zeal while playing golf? Well, this one from the Craftsman Golf should be the appropriate item.
The USA star mark on the holder makes this one quite aesthetic to look at.
This one is available in three different sizes to choose from (Japan size, Japan size custom, and USA size).
One of the most important elements to look at while buying any golf scorecard holder is the construction material of the holder. This one with its premium synthetic leather material keeps no doubts about its quality.
What if you can use a golf scorecard holder to protect your yardage book? Well, with this one, it is quite possible.
Size is always an important issue both for matching and keeping the scorecard. The universal size design will make sure that you can keep it in your back pocket or anywhere you want.
- Manufacturer: Craftsman Golf
- The patriotic zeal with the USA star mark on the cover.
- Perfect protection with the premium synthetic cover.
- Available in three different sizes.
- Suitable both for scorecard and yardage book.
- Universal size.
3. Rustico Leather Golf Log Book Handmade
If you are looking for a mid-range golf scorecard holder, then this one from the Rustico should be on your wishlist to consider later.
The availability of three different colors makes this one quite aesthetic and eye-catchy to look at.
The handcrafted design with the premium US-sourced top grain leather clarifies every doubt about the quality of this item.
Most of the golf scorecard holders will not come with any page inside the book. But, this one is different.23 pre-printed 3.5” x 5” sizes pages will allow you to track around 48 rounds of golf. After completing all the pages, you will be able to refill the book again with pages for further usage. It’s a never-ending process.
The compact size design will allow you to keep this item inside your golf bag or in your back pocket to get the easiest carrying facility.
The elastic wrapping will make sure that the scorecard remains intact in place.
- Manufacturer: Rustico
- Three eye-catchy colors to choose from.
- Handcrafted design with the premium US-sourced top grain leather.
- 23 pre-printed 3.5” x 5” sizes pages; refillable when the pages are written down.
- Compact size fits your back pocket and golf bag.
- Perfect closure with the elastic wrapping.
4. On Par Crocodile Scorecard Holder
This one from ON PAR can't but draw your concentration because of its outstanding design.
This one is available in multiple colors to choose from.
The durable faux leather outer cover not only ensures quality but also provides a crocodile effect that you surely are going to love.
The flippable design allows you to flip the scorecard to write conveniently.
This one comes with a printable link to print unlimited pages to track your golf round.
The width of the scorecard is only 11cm. This smaller layout will provide a vast opportunity to keep it in your golf bag or back pocket or to retrieve it from the pocket.
- Manufacturer: ON PAR.
- Multiple colors to choose from.
- The durable faux leather outer cover with the crocodile effect.
- Flippable while writing.
- A printable link to print unlimited pages.
- Only 11 cm of width; enough room to keep it in your golf bag or back pocket.
5. Sunfish Golf Scorecard + Yardage Book Holder
If you are thinking about something expensive to buy, then this one from the Sunfish should be the item that you have been looking for.
One of the most influential aspects of any sunfish golf scorecard holder is that they all are hand made, and thus quality should never be a concern to anyone at all. Buying one holder from this manufacturer can give you relief for your whole life-time.
Thehigh-quality premium synthetic Duraleather says all about its construction material. In case you know nothing about Dura leather, we would love to say that these are the most expensive and durable leather that you would ever notice on a holder.
This one is going to have five elastic bands inside the holder allowing you to keep your scorecard, yardage book, hole location sheet, and even your pencil.
The 7.5’’ length with the 4.5’’ width provides enough room to keep it in any place you want including your back pocket and golf bag.
- Manufacturer: Sunfish
- Completely hand made.
- High-quality premium synthetic Dura leather
- Five elastic bands inside the holder to keep your scorecard, yardage book, hole location sheet, and even your pencil.
- 7.5’’ length and 4.5’’ width.
6. PGA TOUR Scorecard Holder
You are not a PGA tour professional should not mean you don’t have the right to use a PGA tour scorecard holder. This one from the PGA TOUR, thus, will remain in sixth place on this list.
With the purchase of this item, you are going to get one standard scorecard with one pencil. This one can hold any standard scorecard available.
The durable synthetic leather construction makes this one a sturdy and tough item to carry in the golf course.
This one should enhance your motivation to be a great golfer with the quality embossed PGA tour logo printed on the cover.
The 7 inches of length with the 4.25 inches of width makes this one quite suitable both in your back pocket and golf bag.
- Manufacturer: PGA tour
- One standard scorecard and one pencil with the purchase.
- Durable synthetic leather construction.
- Enhanced motivation with the embossed PGA tour logo.
- Length: 7 inches and width: 4.25 inches.
7. PLENTY Leather Golf Performance Scorecard Holder
Our last and final recommendation for a golf scorecard holder is from Plenty.
As the construction material, you will notice elegant leather on it so that you get the chance to use it for a long time.
You are going to get four different kinds of facilities with the purchase of this item. This holder will allow you to use it as a Scorecard Holder, Pen Holder, yardage book holder and, Lanyard Buckle.
The five elastic bands inside the holder create enough room to keep every little thing possible.
7.3 inches of length with the 4.3 inches of width makes this one quite universal to keep in your back pocket or golf bag.
- Manufacturer: Plenty
- Elegant leather material.
- Four in one construction.
- Five elastic bands to protect everything related to the scorecard.
- Length: 7.3 inches; width: 4.3 inches.
Short buying guides
Is there anything that you need to consider while buying a new scorecard holder? Well, if not many, there are at least five different things that you should look at while buying a new golf scorecard holder. Let's start with the number one
1. Cover material: Yes! Looking at the cover material of the scorecard is necessary. A perfect cover means perfect protection to your scorecard. Make sure to look at the leather quality of the holder. Good leather will protect your card from any kind of scratches or dust damage. In that case, synthetic leather material should be the appropriate item that you should pick up.
2. Design of the holder: The design of the holder plays an important role when it is about keeping everything inside the holder conveniently. Many holders will allow you to keep other items like pencil, yardage book, etc. to keep inside the holder along with the golf scorecard. Who, in the world, does not love to get some more? Yes! Make sure to get some extra every time with the perfect design.
3. Size: believe it or not, the size of any scorecard holder greatly determines whether you are going to love the item or not. You should not buy a scorecard holder that has a length of more than 8 inches and a width of more than 5 inches. Choosing a large holder will not provide enough opportunity to keep it in your back pocket. As a result, you will need to carry the holder with the help of your hand, which can never be an ideal choice at all. Choose an item that is completely compatible to keep in your back pocket or golf bag.
4. Look for reviews: it is quite possible not getting a quality product, even if you are ensuring the quality and size of the holder. In that case, looking at the reviews that people are discussing all over the internet can be a great choice to make. It is always better to listen to those who already are using the product. If they are feeling good with the product, then why can't you?
5. Price: A golf scorecard holder can be found with a price range of 10 dollars to as much as 60 dollars. If you are not looking for something expensive to buy, then spending around 15-20 dollars should ensure quality.
How to read a golf scorecard?
In this particular section, we will be describing ways to understand and writing a golf card score.
On a scorecard, the first thing that you will notice is that it is numbered from 1 to 18 from the left to the right. All these numbers will specify the hole numbers. I mean, if you are playing in an 18 hole course, then you need to write down your taken hole score in all these boxes.
Color's names like blue, black, white, red, and green will specify the name of the tees.
After the first 9 holes, you will notice a section called out and after the 18 hole mark, you will notice a section called in.
In the ‘out’ and ‘in’ section, you need to aggregate the number of strokes that you have taken to complete the first 9 holes and last nine holes.
In the total section, you need to sum up the first nine holes score and the last nine holes score to know the final score yours.
Golf is not like all other sports. The main intention of all the other sports around the world is to improve the score, whereas in golf, the less the better. If your score is less than all of your competitors, then you are going to be the champion!
Bestgolf scorecard app
Well, are there any apps that can make the calculation easier for you? The answer is- there are a plethora of them that can do the task according to your order.
Here are the top five golf scorecard apps that you can think about using.
These are the best golf apps possible that can not only count your score but also can help to improve your golfing skill.
Golfing is fun although counting the score may not. To make you relief, here are golf scorecards. But, who is going to protect the scorecard from all sorts of scratching and dust damage? Well, a golf scorecard holder should be the solution.