While driving any kind of vehicle, the steering wheel can contribute greatly. A perfect steering wheel can provide the exact balance, comfort, and traction while driving. That is why choosing a quality wheel is more than necessary.
Keeping all these things in mind, throughout this whole article, we have gathered seven best steering wheels that you can choose from for your golf cart.
Among all the products, RHOX Aviator 5 Golf Cart Steering Wheel is our top pick for today.
If this is no what you are looking for, then we highly recommend you give a look at all the other wheels that we have discussed in the following section.
Besides, the buying guide section and the probable answers to some of the most frequently asked questions in the latter part of this article might also help you.
Best golf cart steering wheel
1. RHOX Aviator 5 Golf Cart Steering Wheel
The complete diameter of this steering wheel is 13’’. The carbon fiber grip with black spokes is going to provide you a smooth driving experience.
The easy installation process surely will make your experience great with this item.
This one is going to fit any golf cart out there including Yamaha, Club Car, EZ-GO.
A horn button attached to this item is going to provide you the authenticity to use it for authentic purposes.
Finally, the availability of four different colors is going to provide you vast options to choose from.
- Diameter:13 inches
- Carbon fiber grip with black spokes
- Easy installation process
- Fits most of the cart (Yamaha, Club Car, EZ-GO)
- Horn button
- Four different colors.
2. MOSNAI Golf Cart Steering Wheel
Our second recommendation is from MOSNAI, and this one is available with a complete diameter of 12.5 inches.
This particular item has a cool racing style with black brushed surface aluminum spokes that are going to provide you a smooth experience while riding.
The steering wheel adapter is going to fit in any cart out there.
The premium PVC material is going to enhance the grip feeling to a great extent. The ergonomic design going to provide your hand nice touch and feel.
- Diameter:12.5 inches
- cool racing style with black brushed surface aluminum spokes
- the adapter fits any golf cart
- premium PVC material
- ergonomic design.
Related post: Golf cart wheel spacers ( yamaha, ez go)
3. World 9.99 Mall Golf Cart Steering Wheel
This one is from World 9.99 Mall, and this one comes with a complete diameter of 13 inches.
The top Quality Chrome, Aluminum, Wood Finish & Carbon Fiber construction is going to enhance the feeling and touch sensitivity to a great extent.
While installing, you need to install it with the adapter.
The adapter is going to make it compatible with any kind of carts available including EZ-GO, Club Car, and Yamaha.
Finally, the unique wheel and grip design make it a worthy product for your golf cart anytime.
- Diameter: 13 inches
- top Quality Chrome, Aluminum, Wood Finish & Carbon Fiber construction
- adapter required
- fits most of the cart
- unique wheel and grip design
- available in seven colors
4. Fits Yamaha Golf Cart & Polaris Rhino Blue Steering Wheel
This one is from the New World Motoring, and this one is available with a complete diameter of 350mm.
The PVC leather with Carbon Vinyl Wrap on the surface is going to provide you the perfect feel and texture while driving.
This one is 3.5’’ deep and it has a 6 bolt pattern construction. This one is going to fit any kind of Yamaha golf cart and Rhinos up to 2011.
This one has a chrome adapter with three spokes.
- Diameter: 350mm
- PVC leather with Carbon Vinyl Wrap
- 3.5’’ deep and it has a 6 bolt pattern
- fits: UP TO 2011 YAMAHA GOLF CART AND RHINOS
- chrome adapter
5. RHOX Aviator 4 Golf Cart Steering Wheel
This one from RHOX and it has a diameter of 13 inches. This particular item has yellow grips with brushed aluminum spokes.
The unique grip design of this item is going to provide perfect feel and traction while driving.
One of the most beneficial features of this wheel is the easy installation process. Any person owning a cart can install this item with a slight knowledge only.
This one is going to fit any kind of cart out there including Club Car, Yamaha, and EZ-GO.
- Diameter: 13 inches
- yellow grips with brushed aluminum spokes.
- unique grip design
- easy installation process
- fits any kind of cart
6. HuskeyGolf Cart Steering Wheel
In the sixth place, we have brought for a product from Huskey, and this one has a diameter of 13 inches.
The six-hole hub adapter is going to make it fit compatible with any kind of golf cart that you have.
The installation process is going to be easy with the instruction guide provided with the wheel.
This one is specially designed to fit most of the carts including EZGO TXT/RXV, Club CAR DS/Precedent/ Yamaha G16-22, and Drive Drive 2.
This one is available in four different styles to choose from.
- Diameter: 13 inches
- six-hole hub adapter
- easy installation with the installation guide
- fitsEZGO TXT/RXV, Club CAR DS/Precedent/ Yamaha G16-22, and Drive Drive 2.
- Available in four different styles.
7. 14" Pursuit Performance Steering Wheel
Our last recommended wheel is from Forever Sharp, and this one has a complete diameter of 14 inches.
The Black Vinyl and Carbon Fiber Hydro-Graphic Gripis going to provide you a great feeling while driving.
This one has a Brushed Aluminum Spokes with the Dish Depth of 1-3/8".
The Wheel, Horn, and Polished Adapter is going to make it more convenient.
This one is going to fit any cart from 1984 to Current Club Car DS Models.
- Diameter: 14 inches
- Black Vinyl and Carbon Fiber Hydro-Graphic Grip
- Brushed Aluminum Spokes with the Dish Depth of 1-3/8".
- Wheel, Horn, and Polished Adapter
- fitsany cart from 1984-Current Club Car DS Models.
Short buying guides
While buying a new steering wheel, there are few things that you should consider. These are the top five things that you need to consider while buying a new steering wheel.
1. Diameter: the first thing that you should be looking at while buying a new steering wheel is the diameter of the wheel. The steering wheel can come both with a large and small diameter. It completely depends on you whether you will go for a larger one or a smaller one.
2. Fitting: it is quite probable that not every wheel is going to fit your cart. The wheel that you are thinking about buying should come with a compatible feature with your cart. Otherwise, it is going to be a complete waste.
3. Installation: like the fitting, the installation process of the different steering wheel can be different. that is why, whenever you will go for buying a new wheel, make sure that you are completely aware of the installation process so that you can avoid further harassment.
4. Grip and cover: another important thing that you should not miss looking at is the construction of the grip and the cover of the wheel. If the grip of the wheel is not satisfactory, you are not going to get the exact amount of traction while driving. Besides, the cover material of the wheel is also going to enhance the feel and traction to a great extent.
5. Adapter: not every wheel requires an adapter while installing. But, there are certainly many where the adapter can be of great help while installing. A chrome adapter, most of the time, is the most precise choice that cart owners would like to have. Make sure what you need.
Related post: Golf cart locks reviews
Golf cart steering wheel size?
The golf cart steering wheel (wikipedia) can be found in different diameters to choose from. here are some of the common sizes of golf cart steering wheel that you would find in the market.
- Smaller: the smallest steering wheel that you would find comes with a diameter of around 11.5 inches. If you are looking for a convenient when that will fit your hand, then this type of wheel should be the exact choice for you.
- Mid-size: mid-size steering wheels falls in the range between 13-13.5 inches. This type of wheel is pretty common and preferable among most of the cart owners.
- Larger- this kind of steering wheel falls between the parameter of 13.5 inches to 14.5 inches. This kind of wheel is kind of easy when it is about control.
In general, you will find a golf-cart wheel with a range between 11.5 inches to 14.5 inches.
How to adjust the steering wheel on a golf cart?
These are the steps that you can maintain to adjust the steering wheel on a golf cart.
- At first, look for any slippage or play.
- To do this, turn the wheel for a couple of times on either side to lock it down.
- In the next step, make sure that the rack moves out of the neutral position.
- To do so, turn the wheel once again.
- Finally, use a wrench to adjust the nut at the bottom of the cart.
What are the steering wheel materials?
a steering wheel can be made of different materials or substances. Here are some of the materials that you would find in a steering wheel.
- Molded vinyl resins
- Pigmented vinyl resins
- Rim pigmented urethane
Can you shorten the steering column on a golf cart?
yes, it is quite possible to short down the steering column on a golf cart. Follow the steps down below-
- The first step is pulling the shaft out of the column.
- After pulling it out of the column, cut it down with the measurement of your expected size.
- Put a nice chamfer on both cut ends of the column
- In the next step, Weld it back.
- Make sure to keep it straight.
- Now shorten the column with the same length that you have removed from the shaft.
- You are done with your shorten steering column.
Why do I need to use an adapter
While buying a new golf cart steering wheel, the most common question that people ask is why they should use an adapter. Here are some of the most common reasons for why you need an adapter.
- Not every golf cart is going to fit the steering wheel that you are aiming to buy.
- If you use a steering wheel adapter, then you get the authenticity to adapt any kind of steering wheel with your cart.
- Besides, installing the golf cart steering wheel is going to be super easy if you have an adapter.
While buying a new golf cart steering wheel, it is expected that there will have an adapter that you can use to install your wheel. But, it is also possible in some cases there will not be any kind of adapter with your purchased wheel. In that case, you need to buy a new one in case the purchased wheel is not fitting to your cart.
In the absence of a balanced steering wheel, serious accidents can occur at any moment. many things are there that you need to consider while buying a new steering wheel. We have already discussed most of them throughout this article. Besides, the product discussion section and the buying guide section might also give you some insights while choosing.