Golf cart tire pressure:All kinds for golf cart tire pressure
Too much or too low tire pressure can cause serious issues or accidents to your beloved golf cart. That is why it is important to maintain optimum tire pressure all the time for a balanced ride. In case you are a naive, and you don’t know the exact tire pressure that you need to maintain, then we would like to mention to you that the average tire pressure that you should maintain will fall between 15-25 PSI. But, we will highly recommend you to maintain the pressure between 20-22 PSI.
If you are interested in learning the basics of tire pressure, then we can assure you that following this article is going to benefit you greatly.
What is PSI?
If you own any kind of vehicle that has a tire, then there is a high chance that you have heard about the term PSI. But, have you ever wondered what the term PSI actually means?
Well, PSI is a unit of pressure expressed in pounds of force per square inch of area. It stands for Pounds per Square Inch.
1 PSI = 6894 Pascals = 0.070 atmospheres = 51.715 torr.
What a higher tire pressure can do to your cart?
As we have mentioned in the introduction that too much tire pressure can create a serious accident in your cart. Here are some of the facts that can happen if the pressure of the tire is too high.
- Higher tire pressure will reduce the total drag of the tire to a great extent. As a result, the tire will make your cart faster.
- Too much speed means the reduction of control over the cart.
- Too much air pressure can blow the tire making it riskier on or off the course.
What lower tire pressure can do to your cart?
Nothing extreme is good. Lower air pressure can also affect your cart balance badly. Here are some of the facts that can happen if the air pressure of the tire is too low.
- Lower air pressure can cause the tire to wear down more quickly.
- When the air pressure of the tire is low, the tore tends to hitting the ground more. As a result, the probability of tire damage increases to a great extent.
- Besides, lower air pressure can create major complications including tire blow, accidents, and system failure.
How to check the air pressure
Checking the air pressure of your cart’s tire is not a kind of daunting task that you need to fear. Follow these steps discussed down below to check the air pressure of your cart’s tire.
- The very first material that you need to have to check the air pressure is a high-quality tire gauge that will fit on your tire’s air stem.
- In the next step, you need to remove the cap from the air stem.
- In the third step, you need to place the gauge on the end.
- Finally, you will see the reading on the gauge.
If now the air pressure seems optimum, then it is okay not to change any pressure. And, if the pressure of the air is too high or too low, then it is the time to do some modification.
Suitable cart tire
There are usually three different types of tires that you would find depending on the terrain or place that you want to run your cart on.
- The first type of tire is known as the all-terrain tire. If you are thinking about taking your cart off the course, then this type of tire should be the exact choice that you can choose.
- The second type of tire that you would find is known as off-road/knobby tires. If you are thinking about taking your cart in a heavily wooded area, or if the terrain is unstable, like mud, sand, or even a small puddle of water, then this type of tire should be the exact choice for you.
- Finally, there is the turf/street tire that you would find. This is the most common kind of tire that you will see here and there. This type of tire is quite beneficial if you are thinking about taking your golf cart on and off the course.
what sizes do golf cart tires come in?
In general, there are four different sizes of golf cart tires that you would find for your golf cart. They are-
- 8 inches tire.
- 10 inches tire.
- 12 inches.
- 14 inches.
In case you need a larger tire than 14 inches, then you need to do some kind of modifications. Either you need to contact with the manufacturer that will produce you the expected tire or you need to contact with the vendor who can deliver the item for you.
Why it is necessary to check golf cart tire pressure
The air pressure of the air is an important factor that you need to double-check every now and then. Otherwise, major accidents can take place. Here are some of the reasons why you should check your tire’s air pressure.
- Checking the air pressure ensures that the tire of your cart is in an optimum condition.
- If you double-check the air-pressure, you will remain sure while taking the cart taking on or off the course.
- Checking the air pressure regularly reduces the chances of tire puncture to a great extent.
How can you understand the exact tire pressure that your cart requires?
Depending on the tire that you are using for your cart, the optimum pressure can vary a little. These are the steps that you can follow to understand the optimum tire pressure of your cart.
- Most of the time the optimum air pressure is being marked by the manufacturer on the tire. Make sure you give a look at the tire to find the optimum tire pressure.
- You may also will get a guide-line book with the purchase of the tire to know the optimum pressure that you should maintain.
Maintaining optimum tire pressure is more than necessary because it reduces the chances of accidents to a great extent. Besides, a balanced pressure of the tire helps you to run the cart on and off the course smoothly.