Best golf cart locks reviews 2020
A golf cart is used to carry two golfers and their clubs around the golf court and eases the pressure of walking. So as a golfer you must want to make your golf cart safe and nothing can be better than using locks to make your golf cart safe from thieves and other harmful conditions.
Thinking of you guys, I’ve come with a review of some best golf cart locks. In this list, I have kept, Trimax TCL65 Wheel Chock Lock on the top. Besides discussing the products I will provide you a buying guide that contains the facts you need to look out before purchasing. So, continue reading this article for more information.
7 Golf cart locks
1. Trimax TCL65 Wheel Chock Lock
Weight: 6.1 pounds
- Made of heavy-duty gauge rugged powder-coated steel
- Rubber-coated arms protect wheel finish
- Easily and quickly attaches the wheel
- Built-in chocks.
This wheel chock lock system from Trimax comes with high strength pick resistant locking mechanism and with two keys. It is made of heavy-duty gauge powder-coated steel. The rubber-coated arms protect the wheel finish.
It quickly and easily attaches to the wheels. It has got built-in chock that prevents trailer rollaway. The unique design chocks the wheel while installed to keep from rolling. You can easily install this for unattended trailers, cars, boats and more.
2. The Club 1000 Original Club Steering Wheel Lock, Red
Brand: Winner International
Weight: 2 pounds
- Cro-moly steel construction
- Solid steel hooks for greater security
- Highly visual theft deterrent
- Fits steering wheels with inner dimension from 8.75 to 14 inches.
This steering wheel locker from Winner International comes with Cro-moly steel construction. The patented self-locking system of the club features locks with one pull. The solid steel hooks in the lock are designed for greater security.
The steel construction resists sawing, prying, hammering, and Freon attacks. This lock fits steering wheels with an inner dimension from 8.75 inches to 14 inches. It universally fits for cars, light trucks, vans, and SUVs.
3. Trimax Ultra-Maxadjustable Wheel Lock
Weight: 17.3 pounds
- Heavy-duty steel disc cover lug nuts
- Prevents tire removal and theft
- Fits different sizes of tires and wheels
- Comes with an adjusting arm.
This ultra max wheel lock from Trimax comes with disc covers lug nuts. It prevents tire removal and saves from thieves at the same time. The lug nuts included in the set are made of heavy steel.
It comes with three keys and is available keyed alike. This wheel lock easily adjusts to fit many different sizes of tires and wheels. It has an adjusting arm so you can make the disc tight to the lug nuts.
4. The Club CL303 Pedal to Steering Wheel Lock, Red
Brand: Winner International
Weight: 2.6 pounds
- Made of sturdy tempered steel construction
- Bright red finish for high visibility
- Attaches the steering wheel to the brake or clutch
- Universally fits for cars, trucks, vans and SUVs.
This steering wheel lock system from Winner International features a bright red finish for ensuring high visibility. The club’s patented self-locking system features locks with one pull.
It is made of sturdy tempered steel construction. This wheel locking system universally fits for cars, trucks, vans, and SUVs. It attaches the steering wheel to the brake or clutch pedal and makes the vehicle impossible to steer or operate.
5. The Club 3000 Twin Hooks Steering Wheel Lock, Yellow
Brand: Winner International
Weight: 3.5 pounds
- Cro-moly steel construction
- Resists sawing, prying, hammering and Freon attacks
- Twin hook design that is tougher for thieves
- Universally fits on cars, vans and SUVs.
This is another steering wheel lock system from Winner International and it comes with cro-moly steel construction. The steel construction resists sawing, prying, hammering and Freon attacks.
It comes with a twin hook design, which is very tough for the thieves to defeat. It universally fits on cars, vans and SUVs. The club’s patented self-locking system features locks with one pull. It is new and improved lock housing for added strength.
6. LC Prime Steering Wheel Lock
Brand: LC Prime
Weight: 4.6 pounds
- Twin U type lock fork design
- Extendable and retractable lock
- Hydraulic shear
- Comes with a solid lock body.
This wheel lock system from LC Prime comes with a twin U type lock fork design. This wheel lock is more firmly fixed on the steering wheel. This extendable and retractable lock fits most of the steering wheel.
The diameter of the wheels for this locker ranges from 7 to 15.5 inches. It universally fits cars, vans, trucks and SUVs. It takes less time to lock and it is very fast and convenient for use. It comes with a solid lock body.
7. S AFSTAR Wheel Lock Clamp
Weight: 5.2 pounds
- Made out of weather-resistant steel
- Highly visible due to bright colors
- Portable and easy to store
- Very simple and convenient setup.
This wheel lock clamp from S AFSTAR is made out of weather-resistant steel. The soft coated clamp of this lock system will not scratch or damage wheels or rims. It is highly visible due to the use of bright colors like yellow and red.
It is very simple and convenient to use. You can store the locking system easily and it is a portable one too. This anti-theft lock fits cars, trucks easily.
There are a few factors you need to consider before choosing a locker for locking your golf cart. Without considering these factors you won’t be able to buy a good product. So read this important section carefully.
- Construction: The lock you are buying for your golf cart should be made of sturdy, strong steel material. This steel construction will provide your golf cart enhanced safety.
- Easy and quick to use: It should not take much time to lock the steering or the pedal of your cart. While parking the cart, you would like to spend a minute or two to lock it. Spending much time to lock your cart will be a waste of dollars for the locking system.
- Type of cars it fits: Typically cart locks fits different sizes of cars, vans, trucks and SUVs. Before buying you must assure these things whether it fits in your car or not?
- Portable: You might not love having a lock, which is not portable. Because you will carry your cart here and there, which will enforce you to park it and use the lock.
- Anti-theft lock: A strong golf cart lock will save you golf cart from thieves and other harms. So watch out the construction of the lock for having these.
What is Golf cart lock
A golf cart lock is such a system that prevents your lovable golf cart safe from thieves and also from unwanted operating. When the wheel of the golf cart is locked with a rounded locker it is unable to operate even if the cart is turned on by the main switch.
When you are roaming around with the cart and went somewhere keeping the cart parked, there are always thieves who are looking to steal it. But a golf cart locker will not allow the thieves to take away your cart. This will also prevent your kids from operating the cart out of curiosity. Because when the wheels are locked, it cart operates even after turning on the switch.
Golf cart locker cost
Golf cart locker cost varies on the type of locker you are purchasing for. There are golf car lockers that come within the $60 to $100 price range and also lockers that will cost you more than $150 to near $500. You have to decide what type of locker is suitable for your cart and then purchase the right one. But before choosing and purchasing remember to look out the things I have shown above unless you might not find that type of safety what you wanted.
How to lock a golf cart
You have to lock your golf cart to keep it safe when you have parked it anywhere outside. A perfect locker will ensure the maximum safety of your golf cart. Some you guys here are not aware of how to lock your golf cart. I will discuss this below for your sake. There are two types of safety lock you can use to make your golf cart safe and here they are.
- Placing a club on the pedals: You can make your cart safe and immobile by using a heavy club on the pedals. You have set it in front of the pedal as close as possible and then use the key to make it locked. This will ensure no one will be able to operate your golf cart without unlocking it. So it will make your cart safe from thieves and other harms.
- Using a safety bar to lock the steering: Another method of keeping your cart safe is by using a long bar which will be attached to the steering of the cart and make it immobile. You can attach this bar in two ways with the steering, one by attaching the curved part with the ceiling or top of the cart and another way is by attaching it somewhere down. The other part of the bar will be attached to the steering and then you will use the key to make the car immobile, which is unable to operate.
Safety of golf cart wheel locker
Instead of using a club or bar to lock and make your golf cart safe, you can use a wheel locker for this purpose. Well, if you ask me whether it is safe or how much safer it is to use a golf cart wheel locker? My answer will be, it depends on what type of cart you are thinking of applying this process and for what condition. Well if you have fewer theft issues, then you can use this method. This will create an obstacle in your wheel to move. But I don’t think its safe enough to protect your golf cart in public areas. So think before using this wheel locker instead of using a club or bar.
Ensuring extra protection for my golf cart
Sometimes only locking your golf cart is not enough for ensuring maximum safety. If you want some extra protection for your golf cart then you can watch out the suggestions I’m providing you below.
- Using a permanent garage: A permanent garage will solve your problem of searching for space to park your cart. You need to find a large space, which can easily store the cart and keep it safe. Except for thieves, a garage will also ensure your cart remains safe from rough weather conditions.
- Cover it up: When you are not using the cart, it’s better to cover it up. It will save your cart from dirt and dust. It also increases the durability of the cart and it will easily last for long years.
- Installing security lights: Installing security golf cart light kits in your golf will certainly prevent thieves and unknowns from touching or stealing it. Because as soon as some unwanted touch happens, the security light will blink and you will become aware of it.
- Use strong lockers: Last but not the least, use a strong locking system to lock your golf cart. I’ve discussed a few ways of locking above, you can take a deep look at that.
I think you guys are now ready to purchase a lock system to make your golf cart safe in the parking areas. I have discussed a few golf cart lock products that are worthy to choose. There is a buying guide containing the factors you need to consider before buying a golf cart lock. I’ve also discussed how you can ensure more protection of your golf cart. There are two different ways of using locks and I’ve discussed both of them. Knowing the price range before buying makes your task a lot easier and that’s why I have mentioned the cost of golf cart locks here also.