where are Callaway golf clubs made of and history
You love it or not, if you know anything about golf, you surely have heard the name, Callaway. Callaway is one of the most prominent manufacturers in the golfing industry. The estimation is that it is a 3 billion dollars golf equipment industry.
If you are interested in the products that Callaway produces and the history of Callaway, then following this article is going to benefit you greatly. From the beginning to the end, we are going to tell you everything that you need to know about Callaway. Let's start with the history of Callaway golf.
History of Callaway golf
- The company laid down its foundation in 1982, and the founder of the company is Ely Reeves Callaway, Jr.
- Initially, Callaway was the famous Hickory Sticks.
- But, in 1982, Hickory Sticks was running out of budgets. At that particular time,Ely Reeves purchased half of its share, and the company was named after “Callaway Hickory Stick USA." In 1984, Ely Reeves purchased the rest of the company’s share. In 1988, Callaway gets its present name which is Callaway golf.
- The greatest club that Callaway has produced so far is the big bertha.
- Ely Reeves led the company until he died in 2001, at the age of 82, from pancreatic cancer.
Callaway Golf’s contribution
Callaway has not left any field untouched when it is about producing golfing materials. Here are some of the most famous equipment that Callaway has produced so far.
There is no doubt about the fact that Callaway has developed greatly through the production of quality golf clubs. Here are some of the interesting facts about Callaway golf clubs.
- The greatest leverage that Callaway has ever received was the beginning of the 1990s. The launching of the revolutionary Big Bertha driver, an oversized metal wood driver, in 1991, introduced the Callaway golf company to the public to a great extent. At that time, the company surpassed all the previous revenue by making a major benefit.
- In 1994, Callaway launched the Callaway iron set by maintaining the same features of the Callaway driver. At that time, anybody could afford to have this new iron set with a price of 125 dollars, which was, obviously, higher than the conventional iron set. For the graphite shaft, the price was around 175 dollars. The launching of the iron set was also a hit. It enhances the popularity of the company to a great extent.
Since the beginning of the 21st century, Callaway started producing golf balls for the first time. In 2000, Callaway introduced the golfing industry with their golf ball. Here are some of the facts that you probably don’t know about Callaway golf balls.
- Callaway first launched their golf ball in 2000.
- The first ball launched by Callaway was the-Rule 35. It was a softer ball with a thin ionomer boundary layer and a urethane cover. Besides, the inclusion of the solid poly butadiene core helped to enhance the popularity of the Callaway golf ball.
- After that Callaway launched CB1 and CTU30.
- In 2002, Callaway launched the revolutionary HX series balls.
- In 2008, the company introduced the four pieces of the tour-i series golf ball.
- Another greatest inclusion in the category of the golf ball from Callaway is the Big Bertha and Warbird.
Brands of Callaway
Callaway has purchased many other golfing manufacturers that are producing quality golfing equipment for a long period of time.
Some of the brands owned by Callaway are being discussed down below-
- Odessey- if you love golf, then there is a high chance that you know about the Odessey golf putter. Legendary putters like the Rossie II, No. 7, 2-Ball, and V-Line Fang are the production of this manufacturer. Besides, extra-ordinary technologies like the Stronomic, White Hot, and Microhinge face inserts make this company a reliable source.
- Ogio-Ogio is another most popular manufacturer that is owned by Callaway. Ogio is mostly popular for producing quality Ogio Golf Bag. Ogio also produces other quality bags including sports bags, travel bags, business bags, etc.
- Travis Mathew-this one is another most popular brand owned by the Callaway golf company. Travis Mathew is an established and progressive men’s sportswear brand producing its own line of lifestyle wear and accessories. Many of the famous athletes including the sports Golf, tennis, and fitness fields are greatly trusting on Travis Mathew.
- Jack Wolfskin- finally, the last brand owned by Callaway Golf Company so far is the Jack Wolfskin, which is a global eco-performance apparel brand. This company was founded in 1981, and it is greatly popular for producing eco-friendly and versatile sustainable products.
By owing all these brands from different areassports material producers, every year Callaway is receiving a great amount of revenue. Another reason to owing all these brands is that they are producing great materials and the prospect of al these companies are great in the recent future.
Reasons to trust Callaway golf
Now that, you know a lot of things about Callaway, you still can ask why you should trust the Callaway products. Let's start with a quote from the founder of the company, Ely Callaway, who says, ‘’I am not a good enough salesman to sell a mediocre product.’’
Whether you are a business person or not, but you surely can understand the deep meaning of this great quote. Here are some of the reasons to trust the company-
- Callaway has been serving the golfing industry for more than30 years. So far, the company has not gained too many bad reputations.
- Professional players throughout the whole world are using this company’s products for a long time.
- The company specially designed products by keeping all the average or handicap players in mind.
- Besides, all the brands owned by the company is producing quality products that people are praising to a great extent.
It is being believed that Callaway earns one third of the total revenue that the total golfing industry produces. The reason behind this is, obviously, the quality that Callaway ensures.