If you are thinking like, why the hell I should build a new golf course, then, probably, this article is not for you. But, if you are interested in learning the basics that you need to build a golf course, then stay tuned until the last.
Before getting into the main discussion, we would like to mention to you that to build a new 18 holes golf course with a par score of 72, it would require a land around 120-200 acres.
That does not mean that you can’t build a golf course if you own a small portion of the area. Even a mini-golf course is getting more popular in recent days to enhance the enthusiasm level.
Golf course size depending on the design
Depending on the design and types of golf courses, the requirement of the land will vary.Nothing is fixed, by the way. It depends completely upon you. If you are too conservative because you don’t have enough land to build a large course, then many options are there to choose from.
Let's find out the requirement of land to build different types of the golf course-
1. International standard 18-hole golf course
If you are thinking about building an international standard golf course, where you will be able to execute an international golf championship, then according to the ASGCA (American Society Of Golf Course Architecture)- you would require a land around 120-200 acres. If you own that much of land, then welcome! You are now ready to build an international standard golf course that will have 18 holes with a par score of 72. And you can expect that the course will have all types of facilities that a standard course possesses.
2. International standard 9 hole golf course
If you don’t have enough land to build an international standard 18 hole golf course, but you want to build a moderate golf course where you will be able to arrange different golfing events by maintaining the USGA rules, then probably you can go with building a new 9 hole golf course. If you are thinking about building a nine-hole international standard golf course, then the expected land that it would require is around 45-80 acres.Building a 9 hole international standard golf course means you are going to get a par score of 35 or 36 on average.
3. Short 18 hole golf course
To build a short 18 hole golf course it would require a land area of around 30-35 acres. But, as you can expect, you will not get all the facilities in a short 18 hole golf course.
4. Intermediate 18 hole golf course
If you are thinking about building a customizable 18 hole golf course with a short driving range and rough area, then it would require a land area of around 80-100 acres.
5. Four-hole golf course
Building a four-hole golf course with the measurement of 400 yards would require a land area of around 9-11 acres.
6. Six hole golf course
If you own a land area of around 15-30 acres, then maybe you are ready to build a six-hole golf course. With that amount of land, you will be able to build a 6 hole golf course with full freedom.
7. Miniature golf course
Now, this is the section for those guys who don’t have enough land to build a new golf course but are willing to build a new golf course to enjoy with friends/family/colleagues, thenbuilding a miniature golf course would be the ideal choice.
Building a miniature golf course would require a small portion of the land, or sometimes no land at all. You can build a miniature golf course in your office, yard, or anywhere you want where there is a small free area available.
Why should you build a golf course
We are now pretty much at the end of the article. If you have read till now, then there is a common question that may strike your brain is why should I build a new golf course. If you ask this question, then down below are the top five reasons you should build a new golf course.
- The first reason why you should build a golf course is to make a golf community from where both you and the community will be benefitted.
- Another reason to build a golf course is to enhance the beauty of your hotel or resort.
- To acquire some profit. Believe it or not, golfing is becoming the more prestigious sporting business of all time. That means where there is a course there is money!
- To enhance the selling price of properties. Yes! A golf course has the power to increase the price of different properties. If you are pretty much serious about real; estate, then maybe it is the time to build a golf course to earn some green money.
- Finally, to create a recreational source. We all are a great enthusiast. People are looking all over the places to find a great entertainment source. And the greatest service is to make people happy. And if people are happy, you are going to be rich! Just kidding! Don’t take anything so seriously.
Whether you are thinking about building an international standard golf course or just a customizable 4-hole golf course, the thing that matters most, at the end of the day, is the perfect planning and the amount of research that you are investing for a better outline. Besides, another thing that you should keep in mind is the amount of budget that it requires to build a new golf course. Whether you are building a miniature golf course or an international standard 9 hole golf course, without having the appropriate budget, nothing is going to be real. To conclude the article, we are emphasizing again to keep a better look at the planning and the amount of budget that it requires to build a new golf course.