If you own any kind of car, or vehicle, then the most debatable question that you would hear is whether they are good or not. We will not go for further argument but will provide the final answer. A wheel spacer is actually pretty good both for your cart and wheel.
Although the wheel spacer is necessary, choosing a new spacer as a beginner or amateur might not be the easiest task to accomplish.
Throughout the whole article, we are going to suggest you the top seven golf cart wheel spacers that you can try. Besides, the inclusion of the buying guide section and some frequently asked questions and their answers in the latter part of this article might also help you to decide better.
Among all the wheel spacers, Rock Trix 2-inch Golf Cart Wheel Spacers (for EZ-GO, Club Car) is our top pick for today’s section.
Best Golf Cart wheel spacers
1. RockTrix2-inch Golf Cart Wheel Spacers (for EZ-GO, Club Car)
The first recommended wheel spacer for your beloved golf cart from our site is from Rock Trix, and this one comes with a 50mm or 2 inches thickness.
This one is going to fit many 4/4", 4/101.6, 4/100 Bolt Pattern Golf Carts, and ATVs.
If you want your golf cart or ATV to give a more aggressive stance, then this one should be the perfect choice that you can think about buying.
The construction material of this spacer is high-quality Aerospace Billet Aluminum.
Undergoes adonizing process attached to this spacer is going to prevent the surface from corrosion and rust.
The installation process is going to be easy with the pre-installed studs.
Finally, professional 10.9-grade wheel studs are going to enhance the safety level to another extent.
- 50mm or 2 inches thickness
- Fits many 4/4", 4/101.6, 4/100 Bolt Pattern Golf Carts, and ATVs.
- High-quality Aerospace Billet Aluminum.
- Undergoes adonizing process.
- Easy-installation with pre-installed studs.
- 10.9-grade professional studs for further safety.
2. Max Motosports 4pcs 2.5" 4x4 Wheel Spacers (for Yamaha)
In the second place, we have a product from the Max Motorsports, and this one comes with a 2.5 inches or 63.5 mm thickness.
This one comes with a bolt pattern of 4x4" or 4x101.6 mm.
The center bore of the vehicle should be no larger than 68.5mm or 2.7’’ inches.
The size of the studs that come with this spacer is M12x1.25.
This one is compatible with most of the Yamaha golf carts that you have, and mostly they are not going to be compatible with any EZ-GO or Club Car cart.
- Thickness:2.5 inches or 63.5 mm
- Bolt pattern: 4x4" or 4x101.6 mm.
- Center bore: 68.5mm or 2.7’’ inches
- Stud size: M12x1.25.
- Fits any Yamaha carts.
3. Titan wheel 2pc 1.5" Thick | 4x4 to 4x4 Wheel Spacers
The third recommended spacer is from Titan Wheel, and this one comes with 1.5 inches of thickness.
The bolt pattern of this spacer is 4X4 inches making it quite compatible with most of the golf carts available.
The center bore or hub bore of the spacer is no longer than 66 mm making it more compatible with most of the available carts.
Besides, the thread pitch length of the spacer is 1/2" x 20.
Finally, this one is going to be compatible with any golf carts that have a bolt pattern of 4X4 or 4X100.
- Thickness: 1.5 inches
- Bolt pattern: 4X4 inches
- Center bore/hub bore: 66mm
- Thread pitch length:1/2" x 20.
- Compatible with any 4X4 or 4X100 bolt pattern carts.
4. RockTrix 1-inch Wheel Spacers (for Yamaha)
In the fourth place, we have another spacer recommendation from Rock Trix, and this time it is available with a thickness of 1 inch or 25mm.
This one comes with a bolt pattern of 4X4 (4X101.6 or 4X100) making it more universal.
The hub center bore diameter of the spacer is no longer than 68.5mm.
The stud or thread size of the spacer is 12X1.25.
The CNC machined and high-quality Aerospace Billet Aluminum construction makes this item more stable and long-lasting.
The installation process of this spacer is also easy with the installation guide. If you are not installing a spacer for the first time, then the task should not be that hard for you to install the item.
- Thickness: 1 inch or 25 mm
- Bolt pattern: 4X4 (4X101.6 or 4X100)
- Hub center bore diameter: 68.5mm
- Stud or thread size: 12X1.25
- CNC machined and Billet aluminum construction
- Easy installation
5. CoalerEZ GO Club Car Golf Cart Wheel Spacers 2 inch
This one from Coaler Systems is specially designed for all the EZ-GO golf carts out there, and this one comes with a thickness of 2 inches or 50mm.
This one is available with a bolt pattern of 4X4 or 4X101.6.
The hub center bore diameter of the spacer is 68.5 mm.
The size of the stud is 1/2-20, which is completely convenient for most of the EZ GO golf carts.
Finally, the high-quality billet aluminum construction of the spacer makes it more durable and stable for long time use.
- Thickness: 2 inches or 50mm
- Bolt pattern: 4X4 or 4X101.6
- Hub center bore diameter:68.5 mm.
- Stud size: 1/2-2
- High-quality billet aluminum construction.
6. Max Motosports 2pcs 2.0" 4x4 Wheel Spacers
In the final section, we have a product fro Max Motorsports, and this one is available with a thickness of 2 inches or 50mm.
The bolt pattern of this spacer is 4X4 or 4X101.6 which should be compatible with most of the golf carts that you would notice in the course.
The hub center bore of this item comes with a measurement of 2.7'' or 68.5mm.
The stud size of this one is M12X 1.25 making it more universal.
Finally, this one is a kind of spacer that is going to fit most of the golf carts including EZ-GO, Yamaha, and Club Car.
- Thickness: 2 inches or 50mm
- Bolt pattern: 4X4 or 4X101.6
- The diameter of the center bore:2.7'' or 68.5mm.
- Stud size: M12X 1.25
- Compatible with Club Car, Yamaha, and EZ-GO.
7. ATV Set of 8 Stud Wheel Spacers
In the sixth place, we have a spacer recommendation from the manufacturer ATV engineering, and this one is available with a thickness of 1.5 inches.
The CNC machined to exact specification from AISI 1045 steel with a 180,000 PSI tensile should make this item a worthy choice for anyone who is looking for a stable spacer to buy.
The thread pitch diameter of this spacer is 10mm X 1.25.
The Zinc plated surface color helps to prevent corrosion and rust even after a long time using.
Finally, the easy installation feature with all the necessary hardware makes it a preferable choice for anyone.
- Thickness: 1.5 inches
- CNC machined and AISI 1045 steel with a 180,000 PSI tensile construction
- Thread pitch diameter: 10mm X 1.25.
- Zinc plated surface color prevents rust and corrosion.
- Easy installation.
Short Buying guides
While buying a new wheel spacer, there are certainly some of the most important aspects that you need to look at. otherwise, you may face trouble in the long run. Here are the top five things that you need to look at while buying anew wheel spacer.
wherever in the world you go for recommendations or suggestions, the first and the most important thing that you will hear while choosing a new wheel spacer is the construction material. I mean, whether a spacer is forged, billet, steel made, aluminum made, rust-free, or not are all important while deciding. Make sure the spacer that you are thinking about buying has a perfect construction.
2. Nuts and bolts
The common mistake that most of the people do while buying a new spacer is that they only buy the spacer keeping the bolt aside. But, this one should not be reality at all. The bolts of the vehicle and the bolts of the spacer should be compatible with each other. That is how you are going to get the best out of it.
3. Center of the bore
Looking at the diameter of the hub center bore is also necessary. Otherwise, you will not get the authenticity to install it properly to your cart, which is never an ideal choice at all. Make sure the diameter of the center of the bore is proportionate.
4. Bolt pattern and stud size
Another important thing that you should not miss looking at is the bolt pattern and stud size of the wheel spacer. If the spacer’s bolt pattern does not match with the wheel’s pattern, you are never going to be able to fit it to the hub. The same thing is true for the stud size also. Make sure you are choosing an appropriate item for your beloved golf cart.
The final thing that you should look at is the installation. If you are not a professional, then it is highly recommended to do the task with the help of an expert. Many spacers nowadays come with the proper hardware and installation guide from where you can take help to install. But, as a first-timer, it is never a recommendation to try it alone.
What is a golf cart wheel spacers?
A wheel spacer is an item that creates space between the wheels of any vehicle. You need to place the spacer between the wheel and the wheel hub. As the final outcome, the space between the wheels will be much wider. It pushes the wheels out of the vehicles creating more spaces.
If you are thinking about installing a heavyweight wheel to your vehicle, then a wheel spacer should be the perfect choice that you may think about installing.
How to install golf cart wheel spacers?
There are some steps and guidelines that you can follow to install a golf cart wheel spacer to your cart. But, if it is the first time, then we will highly recommend you to do the task with the help of a professional. These are the steps that you can follow to install a wheel spacer (youtube video).
- The first thing that you need to do to install a spacer is loosening the nuts and bolts of your cart that are responsible in fastening the balance between the wheel and the hub. To do so, place your cart on a plain surface.
- In the following section, slide the wheels out of the hub.
- Now is the time to place the wheel spacer onto the studs.
- In the fourth place, it is time to make a perfect placement of the spacer on to the studs.
- In the fifth step, install the lugs. To do so, Slide the wheel onto the lug studs
- In the final steps, lift the cart if necessary and tighten all the nuts and screws with the help of all the provided hardware.
That’s it! By now, you should have a wheel spacer installed to your golf cart.
What are the types of golf cart wheel spacers? (Size)
There are four different types of spacers that you would notice in the market. Depending on the size the types of wheel spacers are-
- Type A- this type of spacer has a thickness of around 8mm to 30mm.
- Type B- this type of spacer comes with a thickness of 30mm to 60mm.
- Type C- this type of spacer has a thickness of around 20mm to 60 mm+
- Type D- finally, this type of spacer has a thickness of around 15mm to 30mm.
Besides, a wheel spacer can be of another four kinds. They are-
- Floating slip on
- Hub centric slip on
- Floating bolt-on
- Hub centric Bolt-on
A spacer is a great invention in the condition of the present age. Though there are many debates ongoing regarding the necessity of a spacer, there is no doubt about the fact that a spacer can be of great help when it is about finding space or installing large-sized tires. We believe the thing that we have discussed throughout the article regarding spacer is going to benefit you greatly.